Windows Crystal Calamity

D

Dylaniza

The temple is falling apart, save the crystals from shattering on the ground or the king won't be happy.

Crystal Calamity is a project that was a simple idea that I knew I would be able to create a finished product with. I just began learning GML instead of drag and drop last month so this was used to help me learn and have something to show at the end.

Itch.io

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dylaniza

Difference crystal's give different points from bouncing them?

Also that death animation :D :D
They all give the same amount of points, there was originally going to have multiple types of gems that do different things such as splitting into two. Now they are just random colours that give the same amount of points. The player character sprite used to be a square with no face, I created the character including the death sprite after finishing most of the game and glad I did because made the game feel much more finished. Thanks for replying :)

D

DaMuffin

Do you plan on porting this for mobile gaming? I can see myself playing this on the go, it's really fun and I like how simple yet addicting it is. I also get a chuckle when the King pops out when you miss a crystal.

The only thing I have for critique is: make the crystals fall faster. I assume where the debris fall is random, and I'm just unlucky XD , but the debris falls fast enough to hit me as I'm getting a crystal pretty often early in the game.
EDIT: I forgot to mention: on the main menu, it says "A and W to move" instead of "A and D"

D

Dylaniza

Do you plan on porting this for mobile gaming? I can see myself playing this on the go, it's really fun and I like how simple yet addicting it is. I also get a chuckle when the King pops out when you miss a crystal.

The only thing I have for critique is: make the crystals fall faster. I assume where the debris fall is random, and I'm just unlucky XD , but the debris falls fast enough to hit me as I'm getting a crystal pretty often early in the game.
EDIT: I forgot to mention: on the main menu, it says "A and W to move" instead of "A and D"
  • I actually do want to port it to mobile but I can't afford the licence right now. I do plan on getting it in the future once I have a few other games I may want on mobile.
  • I have had a friend also comment on the problem with "debris falls fast enough to hit me as I'm getting a crystal" so it's something I am going to try and fix. I have made the crystals fall faster but the problem still can occur so I am planning on adding an extra key for shooting upward which can be used to destroy debris but with a large cool down.
  • I can't believe I didn't spot this error, thanks for mentioning it!
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

D

Dylaniza

Update V 1.1

Crystal now bounce on the top platform, making it easier to catch them. Typos also fixed.(thanks for @DaMuffin for pointing them out). Also I completely forgot to mention in past post's that if you get a high score of 100 you the cube guy gets a sweatband.

itch.io