• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Country flag background

H

haza

Hi,
I'm making a risk style game and so I have a sprite for each country with its border, filled in with white and zero alpha outside the border. When a country is occupied I wish to have the white replaced by a flag. Let's say a country is occupied by the USA then I want the usa flag to be printed instead of the white. I have a separate sprite for each flag (not the same size as each country obviously as each country sprite size is different).
Any ideas how this can be done dynamically?

Kepons

Lost The Bet
I think you should be using blend modes and surfaces, but I have done stuff only vaguely similar to what you want so I can't elaborate.

H

haza

I think you should be using blend modes and surfaces, but I have done stuff only vaguely similar to what you want so I can't elaborate.
Hi,
I've checked out surfaces and shaders but couldn't really see anything that would do this.