Portfolio - Art [UNPAID] 2-D Pixel Artist, Designer

R

Rishky

I'm an amateur artist and animator with a passion for retro, 2-D game design.

spr_enemy_heavy_roll_15.gif spr_enemy_light_roll_15.gif spr_enemy_droid_glow_fire_4.gif sprite_police_walk_down_3.gif spr_bus_cat_1.gif

I can also do level design, writing, concepts.

I'm willing to work for free, if I'm interested in the team and passionate about the project(s). Otherwise, I have a WIP where you play as a UFO and destroy major cities Rampage style. It's in pre-alpha, but it's super entertaining, and I'd love to finish and publish it one day (at least on PC). I also would like to make a Rogue-like or ARPG where you select from a class of high schoolers and battle your way through a randomly generated high school, fighting various ghouls and classic monster types. A kind of homage to retro horror cinema.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Master Maker

Hey, I have a 3D multiplayer fps that could use a level designer and modeler. Would you be willing and able to fill one, if not both, of the positions?

I need someone to do sfx, voice recording, and music composition, for my project.
If you're at all interested, take a look at my project in my signature.
Feel free to reach out to me via private message.

T

TheIllustrator

Maybe help with a 2D game? I'm okay with pixel art, but if you think you would want to help with this project, that'd be pretty great. PM me for details

R

Rishky

I need someone to do sfx, voice recording, and music composition, for my project.
If you're at all interested, take a look at my project in my signature.
Feel free to reach out to me via private message.
I'm primarily looking to do artwork and game design right now. I don't have my home studio set up right now, but I'm hoping to work on it asap.

Have you tried using Sfxr? That's usually my go-to for retro game sounds.
I have. I ended up with sounds that were more Atari than SNES though, unfortunately.
SNES used samples, while sfxr is just a simple synthesizer. Can't really get the SNES sort of sound with it, I don't think. I don't even know where to start with SNES type stuff though, and neither does anyone else I've ever talked to, hahah! Ah well. ):
I'm trying to get stuff like in this video:

It's like....synthesized stuff using samples instead of simple waveforms, I think? I don't know what I'd use to do this kind of stuff, though.

Bluetail7

I really like your style, is clean and very well done.
I'm working with really small sprites and I'd like some help.

D

DRest608

Hey! I have an awesome idea for an open world fantasy rpg in the SNES style if you are interested in helping. I have all the ideas and characters down I just need the artist/programmer. I will PM you with more details

Z

zendraw

I have. I ended up with sounds that were more Atari than SNES though, unfortunately.
SNES used samples, while sfxr is just a simple synthesizer. Can't really get the SNES sort of sound with it, I don't think. I don't even know where to start with SNES type stuff though, and neither does anyone else I've ever talked to, hahah! Ah well. ):

It's like....synthesized stuff using samples instead of simple waveforms, I think? I don't know what I'd use to do this kind of stuff, though.
i think zynabb in lmms can pretty much do these, but you will have to play around with it alot untill you get comfortable. it has quite alot of options, waveshapes, freqs, additional waves, keys.. and so on. also i think theres a specific nes or somthing like that synthesizer.

D

David Ang

could you draw me some top down horse running/spritesheet? You already have a few top down - the space ship and that blue guy.

i would use the horse to run through a race track.

M

Master Maker

Hey! Are you free from the 3rd of march to the 16th? There's a game jam and we're needing an artist.

R

Rishky

bumpy bump - I'm still looking for a programmer for my UFO game.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

steroho

try bfxr or jfxr, they have more control options and are also free