• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

favorite things to do with beer

G

gibberingmouther

or wine or any other alcoholic beverages. actually i'm looking for ideas ... i drink very rarely but when i do i like to get trashed. the thing is i'm schizophrenic (i'd rather consider myself a minor prophet) and i'm not allowed to drink anymore since my diagnosis (i live with my parents).

i have to smuggle the case into my room and put it in my filing cabinet - and that's where i put the empty cans too, it contains the odor pretty well.

personally i have some really cool memories of playing certain video games while trashed on beer (i like Coors or certain more expensive beers). i've tried coding with beer, no luck, i just get distracted and start doing other things.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
If you're not allowed to drink by higher authorities, I'd suggest listening to that, even though you don't agree with it. That gets you far in life.
Butttt if you don't care about my advice, then there's this cool idea to mix beer wtih COCA COLA BABYYYY and that's tasty maybe idk

G

gibberingmouther

white wine with coca cola is okay but horrible for your stomach. i personally wouldn't drink that but tried it when i was at college

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
What about white wine with red wine with beer with another brand of beer with fanta with milk with apple juice with chocolate milk with water with pepsi-cola with a third brand of beer with mojito with orange juice with flitered and cooked urine with fiji water with schweppes agrum TM with blue wine with sulfuric acid

M

Matthew

Drinking is harmful to society. Drunks seem to enjoy the idea of mowing down children. Aldrich Ames was a drunkard, contributing to his divorce, lack of money, and later defection to the KGB.

G

gibberingmouther

i've never gotten into a car to drive after even one drink and i used to drink a lot. that's the one thing that my psych diagnosis helped me with though - to stop drinking like that. once a month or every two months is fine though, it helps with the monotony of life

K

Kris

Make beer bread! I usually prefer to try different beers every now and then (many of which can only be bought at the liquor store, not the grocery), but when I do end up with a case of something "common" (Newcastle is one of my favourites), there's a good chance one of the bottles will go right into a loaf of bread. The bread itself is usually just made from self-rising flour, sugar, and a bottle/can of beer, so it's hard to get wrong even if you're not a baker. You could share it with your parents to show them that you can enjoy the taste of beer without getting hammered.

Roa

I like to throw it out lol. Not a drinker. Either that or it goes in some cooking. It's kind of funny cause by contrast, both of my brothers are really really really hard drinkers. I'm talking half a bottle of 151 in a single night, raw. Or most of a vodka. Lucky if its used to spike coca cola. I have yet to see my one brother get drunk and not puke. It actually kinda annoys me how often my friends puke. Can't hang out one time without someone going overboard it seems.

Mean while I can't get 4 sips of a beer down or a single shot of vodka is enough for me. Even a hard lemonade is too much for me to finish lol.

N

NPT

You've been diagnosed with schizophrenia and you like to abuse alcohol. Have you got any idea the kind of problems associated with schizophrenia and alcohol.

I suggest you take a trip to the nearest large city, make your way to the inner city and talk to a few homeless people, they're relatively easy to find. You will find you and they often will have the following in common:
  • Male
  • Schizophrenic
  • History of alcohol abuse
  • Didn't foresee being homeless as the consequence of combination of alcohol and schizophrenia
After your day trip, get your butt home, throw your beer out, respect the rules of the roof you're living under and make a decision on whether you want to live in a house or the street in the future.

G

gibberingmouther

i have a high iq (at least i did when i was a kid; it can't have decreased too much) so i'm not worried about ending up on the streets. my symptoms were all positive symptoms (meaning hallucinations or so-called delusions - not disabling like negative symptoms can be). i don't think there's actually anything wrong with me, as far as my schizophrenia symptoms go; i just have a connection to the spirit world, and psychology won't recognize that because it's secular.

but thank you for your concern.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
i have a high iq (at least i did when i was a kid; it can't have decreased too much) so i'm not worried about ending up on the streets. my symptoms were all positive symptoms (meaning hallucinations or so-called delusions - not disabling like negative symptoms can be). i don't think there's actually anything wrong with me, as far as my schizophrenia symptoms go; i just have a connection to the spirit world, and psychology won't recognize that because it's secular.

but thank you for your concern.
Not ending up on the streets is more about submission to a boss/law then being intelligent. Hallucinations or delusions aren't positive, they're just less negative, lol. And the question is not doing what YOU think is correct, but being submissive to the authorities, those are psychologists and your parents. Those people see things you don't see. And I think psychology understands way more about you and the spirit world then you think. That's all I had to say.

G

gibberingmouther

i agree that booze in excess is bad for me. i actually think i had a lot of my hallucinations BECAUSE of alcohol and caffeine combined. but a 12 pack once a month or two is okay.

by a band called Alestorm, to get people in the right mood:

L

Law

Hallucinations or delusions aren't positive, they're just less negative, lol.
In this context, "positive" symptoms add to the mental state of the patient. i.e. hallucinations and delusions, while "negative" symptoms take away, i.e., apathy and reduced empathy. Nothing to do with if the symptoms are good or bad, it's just terrible medical terminology.

Even if you weren't schizophrenic, if one of the rules of the house you live in is that you do not drink, then don't drink. It's not an unreasonable request, and it's coming from the people who are allowing you to live in their house and eat their food. Don't exploit your parents.

G

gibberingmouther

ugh i like beer too much to not drink it, now that i've rediscovered glorious fattening Coors banquet beer. i can limit it to once a month though. week 1 - drink. week 2 - dispose of the cans. week 3 - drink again. i guess that's twice a month. oh well! the only thing about drinking for me is that sometimes i can get acutely suicidal. i tried to drink myself to death before but decided to live longer (insurance spent a lot of money on my hospitalization, so i figure i have a duty to contribute what i can to society). i have too many things to do before dying (like finishing my video game is number one) so there's no chance of me acting on those impulses.

edit: i was fine without alcohol for more than a year (besides a couple bad drinking episodes i had). but then i tried Coors again and i guess that was a bad idea ....
edit2: maybe this thread should be about - what can i do BESIDES drinking beer? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Law

the only thing about drinking for me is that sometimes i can get acutely suicidal. i tried to drink myself to death before but decided to live longer (insurance spent a lot of money on my hospitalization, so i figure i have a duty to contribute what i can to society).
Please reread this and realise what you are saying here. Can you imagine what you did to your family? To the doctors who had to save your life? Go speak to your family. Now. Explain that you have been drinking covertly to them and ask for help. It is not healthy to willingly sacrifice control of your body to a suicidal version of yourself. Get help. Now.

M

Matthew

Please reread this and realise what you are saying here. Can you imagine what you did to your family? To the doctors who had to save your life? Go speak to your family. Now. Explain that you have been drinking covertly to them and ask for help. It is not healthy to willingly sacrifice control of your body to a suicidal version of yourself. Get help. Now.
Ah, leave the guy alone, it's not like he's smoking pot or anything.

L

Law

The guys drinking despite being told not to by everyone he's mentioned, despite not being allowed to by his parents while living in their house, despite having the reasons for this made obviously clear to him, and despite having these reasons demonstrated when he nearly killed himself, and openly admitting that he is still a suicidal drunk. This is the behaviour of an alcoholic. The fact that he does it infrequently is irrirrelevant, you don't need to drink all the time to be an alcoholic, you just need to continue to drink when reason says you should stop. And that's what it's happening. It's very dangerous for him to maintain this behaviour when it puts his life at risk.

M

Misty

My favorite thing to do with beer is simply play a game of "avoid the beer" because it is both poisonous for the mind and body, and promotes the social paradigm of social slavery and mental slavery.

M

Misty

i figure i have a duty to contribute what i can to society). i have too many things to do before dying (like finishing my video game is number one)
You deserve a noble prize. I'd say you are like, a philanthropist or something. Perhaps even the 20th reincarnation of buddha, even though the whole point of his religion was that he did not reincarnate, and yet, there is supposedly 17 or so reincarnations of him (or her, could be transgender, they are a prince, like fairy wish prince, wears lots of makeup)...

i have a high iq (at least i did when i was a kid; it can't have decreased too much) so i'm not worried about ending up on the streets
Lots of high iq jobless people. At least, that's what mensa.com says.
Because lets be honest...high iq's aren't entertained with peasant jobs. They make videogames, a tangible good, to contribute to society.

M

Matthew

Videogames objectively contribute more to society than orphanages do.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Make beer bread! (snip) The bread itself is usually just made from self-rising flour, sugar, and a bottle/can of beer, so it's hard to get wrong even if you're not a baker.
I might try that (but with a little added baker's yeast). I'm a bread baking enthusiast. Always looking for new ideas. I've read that some cultural anthropologists and historians believe that beer brewing actually pre-dates bread making. Either way, the two are pretty closely related.

These days, I don't drink beer anymore. But I really enjoy fine wine. I like reading about it, collecting it, and of course drinking it. Cooking with wine is excellent too.

G

gibberingmouther

drinking again because my parents were away, giving me a chance to buy beer again, the shock value has worn off and i don't feel suicidal again. even when i'm sober i think of suicide because i have a stupid death wish.... but alcohol is not doing it for me again. i still wouldn't drink more than 2 times a month though because you just develop a tolerance and hurt your organs, not worth it. thank you guys for your concern. i'm not sure what the future of me and beer is. probably drink it sparingly and not think more of suicide than i do in my sober state. when i die i plan that i will first engage in hardcore hedonism then maybe i will be someone's guardian spirit. that's how i view it ... a less limited existence.... meh

edit: you might view my opinions about the supernatural as delusional - that's fine. it means i am no different from many in the dark ages, in medieval times, who believed the same things probably, and died before old age took them.

M

Matthew

Is being a guardian spirit virtually indistinguishable from complete non-existence?

G

gibberingmouther

Is being a guardian spirit virtually indistinguishable from complete non-existence?
no. my best understanding of it is that spirits can lower their "vibrations" and communicate with those of us still living. i have experienced this many times. i'm not sure how it all works though and i don't really care. i figure i'll learn when i'm dead.

M

Matthew

no. my best understanding of it is that spirits can lower their "vibrations" and communicate with those of us still living. i have experienced this many times. i'm not sure how it all works though and i don't really care. i figure i'll learn when i'm dead.
You experience the vibrations of the damned? Sounds like you really should lay off the drinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NPT

So, you accept the fact that you've been diagnosed with SCZ, but you don't consider the "vibrations" you experience as symptom of the disorder you have (and you acknowledge you have).

G

gibberingmouther

well the party poopers win this one. i got caught by my parents after developing gout in my foot from binge drinking beer. so even if my parents weren't being more vigilant i still can't drink because otherwise i'll develop debilitating gout symptoms (for example not being able to walk). maybe it's for the better ... i still have my hobbies but i kind of liked having beer as well to make things more interesting once in awhile. :(

M

Matthew

well the party poopers win this one. i got caught by my parents after developing gout in my foot from binge drinking beer. so even if my parents weren't being more vigilant i still can't drink because otherwise i'll develop debilitating gout symptoms (for example not being able to walk). maybe it's for the better ... i still have my hobbies but i kind of liked having beer as well to make things more interesting once in awhile. :(
I feel sorry for your parents. They probably blame themselves for your awful decisions.

Reactions: ASR
C

ConsolCWBY

I like Guiness. I think it's the added nitrogen in it that makes it sooo good, and creamy. I used to go to an Irish restaurant once a week. Nothing beats eating shephard pie, drinking a (real) pint of Guiness, listening to the owner sing Danny Boy and other old irish songs in Gaeilge. Not that I could understand a word of it though... nice to be with my people. :) They just closed up a few months back and moved back to Ireland. Sad times we live in... sad times. :(
Pint of Guinness Studies claim that Guinness can be beneficial to the heart. Researchers found that "'antioxidant compounds' in the Guinness, similar to those found in certain fruits and vegetables, are responsible for the health benefits because they slow down the deposit of harmful cholesterol on the artery walls."[
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinness