• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Random Multiple Seeds

NicoFIDI

Hello I am working with procedural generated world, and like any game I whould like to have the same result every time I use a base seed.
Yet, adding a "critical hit" system whould make me use values from that seed out of control, witch will end in "similar" rooms instead of "equals", i was wondering if there is a way to use a "critical hit" system without taking values from my random seed

Last edited:
The problem he has is that once he does randomize(), the rooms are no longer based off the original seed.

What you can do is use randomize() before the code you want random every single time, and then use random_set_seed(var_seed), before things involving terrain generation.

NicoFIDI

have you used the randomize() function?
Like Cloacked Games said, I am suposed to know the seed, and randomize makes a random seed.

What you can do is use randomize() before the code you want random every single time, and then use random_set_seed(var_seed), before things involving terrain generation.
But If you do that, the terrain generated will be always the same.
Because once you set your seed it starts over.

Edit:
What I mean it's that the chunks of the world whould be the same.

Last edited: