• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Bought GMS 2 on Steam, how do I get a Windows license key?

C

Charyb

I bought GMS 2 on Steam as it was cheaper than YoYo Games and I read that you can get a license key for the GMS 2 Windows IDE (Non-Steam).

I have no idea how to do this. My Steam account is linked to my YoYo Games account but I don't see any option for it.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Once you link your Steam account to your YoYo Games account, simply log into your YoYo Games account via the File menu when GMS 2 opens for the first time. Your purchase should carry over as-is. Separate license keys the way GMS 1.4 and legacy did them are a thing of the past.

C

Charyb

Once you link your Steam account to your YoYo Games account, simply log into your YoYo Games account via the File menu when GMS 2 opens for the first time. Your purchase should carry over as-is. Separate license keys the way GMS 1.4 and legacy did them are a thing of the past.
So basically my GMS 2 license key is essentially my Steam GMS 2 license key, correct?

Also what about other modules such as Mobile? If I bought it, would it just be 'attached' to my account? Like I wouldn't need a new license key or anything? I'd use the same IDE and login to my YoYo account and it should work?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
So basically my GMS 2 license key is essentially my Steam GMS 2 license key, correct?

Also what about other modules such as Mobile? If I bought it, would it just be 'attached' to my account? Like I wouldn't need a new license key or anything? I'd use the same IDE and login to my YoYo account and it should work?
More accurately, your GMS 2 license key is your YoYo Account login itself.

The process applies to all module purchases, though if you make a new purchase, you need to log out and then back in again.

C

Charyb

More accurately, your GMS 2 license key is your YoYo Account login itself.

The process applies to all module purchases, though if you make a new purchase, you need to log out and then back in again.
Awesome, thanks.