Introduce Yourself

E

ESP

Hey folks, ESP here.

Been using GM since gamemaker 6.0!

You might remember as njp i created a decently functioning top down fake 3d engine for gamemaker 7 and 8 along with various other examples of sorts. Game maker has always been a hobby for me to mess around with coding and my graphic design. I dont have any projects or games id call completed over all the years iv been using GM but i hope to change that with Studio 2!

If anyone has any tips or advice for me im about to launch gm studio 2 for the first time, would really appreciate some pointers.

Pce!

Last edited by a moderator:

SithPanda

Username: SithPanda
Old GMC Username: Blackbeard1975

Name: Joseph
Where you're from: New England
How long you've been using Game Maker: 8 years
Any cool games you've made: Toby the Toaster
Personality Type: ENTJ -sorry lol

Hello everyone! It is great to be back in the community!

M

Mihaugoku

Username: Mihaugoku
Old GMC Username: -
Other usernames from past and present: (none, but i'd like to change it one day)

Name: Michael
Where you're from: Poland
How long you've been using Game Maker: one month (had for a long time, started this year)
Any cool games you've made: I never made cool games, all of my old projects are unfinished and uncool.
Personality Type: Mediator (?) (INFP-T) - (i'm really shy and introverted)

Other things about yourself: Was a "professional" osu! taiko player.. Played in a world cup in 2016. Lost in semi-finals to Taiwan. I enjoy cute stuff.

L

Lorenzito Atangan

Username: Lorenzito Atangan

Name: Lorenzito Atangan
Where you're from: Philippines
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 to 4 years
Any cool games you've made: not yet
Personality type: ENTJ

I am interested in game development, i am still in the process of developing my game.

A

Alexo342

Username: Alexo342
Name: Alexander K.
Where you're from: Germany
How long you've been using Game Maker: 4-5 Months
Any cool games you've made: *#+> Bunchie Go! (I can´t post links yet, look at my thread about the game. Have Fun with it, Community) <+#*
Personality Type: INFP-T | Slightly socially awkward, determined, Very interested in (advanced) Programming

Other things about yourself: Hi there community, I am Alex and i am currently working on a unique Jump´n´Run Game called "Bunchie Go!" I really put some effort in it and i appreciate any feedback! On the linked site, i will (try to) frequently upload the newest Version of the Game. I Hope you can take your time to test my Game and, of course, have FUN with it :D !

J

Joeb Rogers

Username/Name: Joeb Rogers
Where you're from: UK
How long you've been using Gamemaker: 2 years

I'm a game development graduate and a junior in the industry. I work professionally as a contract gameplay/engine/tools developer and previously worked as an Online Tools Designer at Rockstar Games on the latest GTA V Heist. I mostly use Gamemaker for prototyping my personal projects and when I'm participating in game jams! Happy to be here, and I look forward to getting to know more of the community!

T

Tryhard Infinity

Hey guys the username is tryhard Infinity, obviously, all jokes aside.

My name is Chris I finally decided to get into the forums. I am 21, from North Carolina and I have been working with gamemaker for about 4 years, enough to say I reached intermediate level somewhat Haha.

When it’s comes to completed games I have made precisely 0. Mostly, I have been improving my ability to understand gml. However, now I have finally set my sights on a challenging goal. A long road ahead but I am attempting to make a rpg/card game/anime 2d visual fighter (best way I can explain it) some what similar to ninja saga, adventure quest, or fate grand order but with cards lol.

My personality type was “The Advocate” (INFJ-T).

Let’s see other things about me? I’ll shorten this in a few words.. pro gamer, hobbyists musician, 2d design artist, animator, beginner 3d modeler, nooby visual effect creator, small time YouTuber, video editor.. okay I can’t shorten it haha I dip my fingers in a lot of interesting computer based and artistic things. But I plan to take computer programming as a career.

Oh, what the heck.

Username: Bynary Fission
Old Username: N/A (been using this one since late 2007, didn't have a username prior to that).

Name: Logan
I'm originally from Central Florida, but I've lived everywhere thanks to being an Army brat growing up.
I've been using GameMaker Studio 2 since September.
My only game is a demo of Battle Tower (name still sort of in works), which I've posted in the Works in Progress subforum.
Personality Type: INTJ

Not much else to say, really. I'm a full-time college student with a part-time job, but I still manage to find time to squeeze in some GMC when I have the chance. I'm rather withdrawn, but I'll be happy to entertain a conversation with anybody who wants to talk to me.

P

project_noel

Username: project_noel
Name:
Cody
Where you're from:
USA
How long you've been using Game Maker:
1 month
Any cool games you've made:
My first game is currently in progress.

Other things about yourself:
I am the sort of person that has dabbled in more things than I can count. I started with web design in photoshop, web development learning js, graphic design at a local sign shop, creating music for friends to dance to, and now currently trying to pull everything together to make a game.. I have always been afraid I would turn into a jack of all trades but a master of none. After looking into game develop, I realized it consisted of everything I like to do. So I am going all in, make or break, sink or swim.

banner-v1.png

D

Desucrate

hey! I'm Desucrate, and late last year, I started using GML to create my first game. I don't know much, but I hope to learn a lot, and help people whenever I can :^)

A

Akai

Username: Akai
Where you're from: Japan, living in Germany
How long you've been using Game Maker: 5 years including time in college
Any cool games you've made: mostly in a team, my name is not visible as author :(

T

tetherline

Name: Antonius, but my friends call me, "hey jackass"...just kidding I don't have any friends. :')
Where's you from: the moon
Any games you've made: A few, but they've all been garbo.

Currently listening to: Of Montreal ('cause I'm such a damn hipster)

U

Ultrabeast

Username: Ultrabeast

Name: D
Where you're I'm from: Colorado, USA
How long have you been using Game maker: Started back with game maker 8 played around with a few of basic concepts then shifted my focus towards more of an artistic direction.
Any cool games you've made: nothing to speak of.

Other things about myself, I'm into anime and video games and most thing's with a rich lore to it.

S

Sickma

Username: Sickma
Other usernames from past and present: Sickma, Sickma_15

Name: Maxx
Where you're from: US
How long you've been using Game Maker: ~1 month
Any cool games you've made: My First Game - Code Tutorial; and "A Whole lot ta Nothin' !!! "- a nonexistent game
Personality Type: INTJ-A

PhD student in Electrical Engineering for Radio Frequency and Digital Design,
Builds robots for fun/mischief , Avid Gamer, Noob at game making. strong understanding of coding languages (C, C++, C#, Python, Java, Assembly, VHDL), Dery vyslexic, Crap at writing code... good code at least.

jackquake

Username: jackquake (Yep, from the Quake series. I've never lost the love of that game.)

Name:
Jim
49 (Keep the age puns to yourself please. :))
Where you're from:
NC, USA
Couple years now. Wow, how time flies.
Any cool games you've made:
Tron like game, Spaces Wars game where parts of the ships get destroyed (one of my favorites). Small combat like game with tanks, Pirates Dice game, a Shapes Matching game for my lil boy.
Personality Type:
Easy going

Married with children, love Jesus, like to play pool (I'm in the Masters APA League), and own my own business.

E

Elegant Naval

Username: Elegantnaval
Old GMC Username: Elegant Naval
Other usernames from past and present: No
Name:
Naval Singh
Where you're from: 'India
I am learning
Any cool games you've made: I am an intern right now

S

sara_sara

Name: ZAHRA
Where's you're from: BND IRAN
How long you've been using Game Maker: Steam says a year and a half but I already have 1500+ hours clocked up
Any cool games you've made: Not really.

R

Red_Wing

Username: Red_Wing
Old GMC Username:
Hardly used it so I won't bother.
Other usernames from past and present:
Too many.

Name:
Jimmy
Where you're from: PA,US
Attempted GM 7 way back. Didn't do any actual coding till about 5 years ago with GM 8.
Any cool games you've made: Nothing finished, however I've been working on one for a few years on and off. I plan to post my work in progress in the near future.
Personality Type:
INFP

I love Film, Writing, Animation, Classic Rock, and Adventure/RPG Games.

G

glitzerpop

username; glitzerpop
age; negative four
where you're from; florida, usa
how long you've been using gamemaker; i bought it back in 2016 from that one humblebundle but i kept forgetting to use it until now... so not long haha.
any cool games you've made; nah, i'm still a beginner.
personality type; entp-t
other; hi!! i'm glitzerpop, but just calling me glitz works. i love glitches, exploits, malware, and anything else relating to pushing technology to and past its limits. i also really enjoy character design and complex but sensical story writing. digital art is really fun for me as well, and i hope to eventually be able to apply my skills to something like a cartoon, comic, or game. i'm currently experimenting with gamemaker, though i'm not great at it yet, and i really really want to continue learning and improve to the point of maybe one day creating something... well, at least somewhat decent. xD

L

lan_helm

Username: lan_helm
Old GMC Username: I actually just joined today (as of writing this), so obviously it hasn't changed.

Name: ......
Where you're from: California
How long you've been using Game Maker: For one year now.
Any cool games you've made: I'm working on two projects right now, one of them is in active development while the other
I'm just writing the story for right now. They're both pretty ambitious (especially the second one), but I'm sure that I'll finish them eventually
(and hopefully they're successful too).

Personality Type: Mediator (INFP-T)

Other things about myself: I really like thinking.
umm...
I like hanging out with my friends, and just talking to them. Conversations can be really interesting.
I also like playing video games, and making video games (obviously), watching youtube videos, and looking at the hottest memes...

D

DumbChester

Hello! , I am Chester
I am 20 years living in this cruel world.
I'm an Asian. I live in the PH.
I've been using Game Maker since : God knows how long ( Still not good at it)
Any cool games you've made: (*Wind blows , Leaf falls from a tree )

Personality : Loading...

Things about me : I love creation , I love destruction.

R

RozekEnhance

Username: RozekEnhance

Name: Rozek
Where you're from: Tampa, FL
How long you've been using Game Maker: Never Used
Any cool games you've made: Nope

Community Outreach for Enhance.
At Enhance, we want to show developers how simple life could be, a life without the hassle of integrating SDKs into your Android or iOS project. It’s time to enjoy the dev life and coding once again without worrying about SDKs!

Hope to talk you soon!

RollyBug

Hello. I'm a returning user from back in ye olde days, before the forum upgrade. My long-standing psuedo company name is RollyPoly, so that's where my name comes from. I'm mostly just posting here so I can finish editing my profile but here's some info about myself i suppose ~
CS student
I play osu, mania mostly. #571 in the US and proud of it.
On again, off again game developer for quite a few years now.
Most of my favorite video games are strategy like Civilization, AOE, SimCity4/Cities:Skyline.
Favorite movie franchise is Alien. I love Alien: Isolation the game, too.
Recently an Anime nut, for better or worse. I've rated quite a bit of stuff on MAL, but the only one to ever get a score of 10 is Clannad AS. Don't think anything else ever will either.

Nice to meet y'all.

S

SpaceDragonForce909

Hello, I just joined the GameMaker community and I thought I'd say hello. I'm currently working on my first game, a shoot em up. I'm doing everything, the art, the story, the music... and using GameMaker to put it all together. This is all so exciting!

I'm just crazy for the shoot em up genre! I have over 30 games on NES and a bunch more on other systems including Soldier Blade on the PC-Engine.

rIKmAN

Hello, I just joined the GameMaker community and I thought I'd say hello. I'm currently working on my first game, a shoot em up. I'm doing everything, the art, the story, the music... and using GameMaker to put it all together. This is all so exciting!

I'm just crazy for the shoot em up genre! I have over 30 games on NES and a bunch more on other systems including Soldier Blade on the PC-Engine.
Welcome to the community!

Take a minute to read the forum guidelines so you know what's what, and good luck with your game. :)

A

Ampersand

I'm currently working on my first game, a shoot em up.
I love a good SHMUP! It's such a varied genre that at the core always instills the same frantic feelings in me. Excited to see a Work in Progress post about it. Welcome!

Eek, thread-merge! Does this need deleted @Nocturne?

A

Ampersand

Username: Ampersand
Old GMC Username: Ampersand
Old Old GMC Username: Ampersand

Name: Michael Smith
Where you're from: Deep in the cosmos. This vessel was born in California and has traveled quite far before I got it back out here.
How long you've been using Game Maker: Oh, geez... I guess I found a copy of GameMaker 5 somewhere around the age of 11?
Any cool games you've made: None really :'D imagine if I could finish a project rather than writing code for others!
Personality Type: INTP-T (Logician)

Other things about yourself: Musician, painter, surfer, explorer of valleys and mountaintops, a fragmented piece of the collective consciousness. Nonsolis radios sediouis fulmina mitto.

I like solving problems more than I like making games! Can I change my username to PM_ME_YOUR_PROBLEMS? ;)

A

Ampersand

Is this an official name change request? I can do this... Might take some work off of the moderation staff... just say the word and it's done. Seriously. Do it.
I mean, for the right price you could forward all your problems to me... Income tax and DMV filings included. And that price? Getting me my "Greatest boolean of all" title like I had on the last two iterations of the GMC ;)

S

Swooshter

Username: Swooshter

Name: Mark
Where you're from: Missouri
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since about 2009 off and on
Any cool games you've made: Only made a game while in school for a project. I have lots of ideas and base logic built, but need to follow through and build a full game.

Personality type: INTJ "Architect"

Other things: I am great at planning and design, but struggle with graphics. I either have to use free graphic resources or have basic shape blobs to represent game characters.

Metrollos

Hi there, Metrollos here, or Michael, if you want it so.

I am an 21-year-old IT student from Germany, who is using GM now for 8 months.

My first experiments with GM resulted into the game 'Alpha's Legacy', at what I am currently working on, which is my first project in GM and my biggest game project so far.
I had make some games in the past. Nothing special: a Pong clone, a Tank Force clone, some experiments over the years with little RPG and Jump n' Run games.

I tried some different game engines in my programming 'career'. I started learning basic programming with Scratch, then later tried RPGmaker VX and Construct 2 out by my own.
But I had somehow the feeling, that this engines did not gave me enough space to test some crazy new stuff out or to set things in the way I want it to.
Now I am sitting here with GMS2 and I am lovin' it.

Besides to programming I also make some music with FL Studio.

Well I think this should be enough for today.
Keep hittin' the keyboards guys!

Field Magic

Username: Field Magic
Old GMC Username: Bryan Invincible

Name: Bryan
Where you're from: New Zealand
How long you've been using Game Maker: maybe since version 4 or 5?
Any cool games you've made: King of the Streets is the only game I ever finished. It was a 2d fighter that paid homage to Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. I haven't posted enough in the new forum to put up the link lol

Other things about yourself: 3d animator by trade, design apps for a living. Have very little in the way of an actual coding background and I only know GML lol

A

Alaric

Username: Alaric

Where I'm from: Kansas City
How long I've been using Gamemaker Studio 2: two months

Recently decided to try my hand at gamemaking. I had done some minor code work many years ago and just hadn't taken any opportunity to get back into it until now. So now I'm busy learning, following tutorials, and dabbling in some practice projects to see what I can do.

T

The_Mugen_Soul

Username: The_Mugen_Soul
Name: Andrew
Where you're from: Australia
How long you've been using Game Maker: 6 months now
Any cool games you've made: I wish :/

Other things about yourself: I do music, code and average sprite artwork :p love me some RPG's

D

DamionWhite

Name: Damion White
Where you're from: the Netherlands, South Holland
How long you've been using Game Maker: I've been playing around with Game Maker since I was around 8, just playing around though. Some 1.5 year ago I returned to Game Maker Studio 1.4, after a Humble Bundle deal, and looked into it as a more serious tool for game development for a few days. But it has only been about 2 weeks that I've been using Game Maker with a Project in mind.

I have about 5 years experience in programming, 3.5 years of which it being a hobby and currently it's part of my education.
Programming languages in which I have experience creating games include: C/C++, JavaScript, Python
Besides being a developer, I've also been playing guitar for 3 years, and recently got a MIDI controller.
I'm also trying to get better at pixel art.

Rob

Username: Rob
Old GMC Username: N/A
Other usernames from past and present: N/A

Name:
Rob (funnily enough!)
Where you're from: UK, but now living in California
How long you've been using Game Maker: About 2 years
Any cool games you've made: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lolgames.CallCenterSimADS&hl=en

Personality Type: Ehhh... dry sense of humour, often socially awkward but a fierce friend if you spent hours slogging through some gruelling levels with me in a game.

Other things about yourself: My taste in games has changed over the years and I'm really into simulation games at the moment. I really enjoy the Kairosoft games and the "cool" game I released is heavily inspired by Kairosoft. My weaknesses are game design and artwork and my main strength is tenacity.

Also - lol that I made this post after already making 105, but better late than never, right?

Last edited:
T

theweirdn8

Hey guys it is good to be back on YYG's forum. I was here manily during the GM8 and early GMS1 days. After seeing the Switch announcement I'm gonna try my hand with GMS2 and hopefully make some cool things.

Many blessings and happiness to all.

rIKmAN

Hey guys it is good to be back on YYG's forum. I was here manily during the GM8 and early GMS1 days. After seeing the Switch announcement I'm gonna try my hand with GMS2 and hopefully make some cool things.

Many blessings and happiness to all.
Welcome back, have fun getting back up to speed with GMS2! :)

D

DA64

Hello my name is DA64. I'm a game designer that is hopping to finish a game that i have been planing for years. The games i have been planing for would be 3D like game where you can walk around, solve mysteries, and survive horrifying monsters that might get you.
I can't really revival my age since i might get in huge trouble for it. But i can tell you that I'm a smart teenager who's "mostly" good at coding.
I live in the U.S in the middle of no where.

N

natejasper

Hi all, my name is Jasper - 20 years old. Im a newbie and very interesting to join our forum. Hope to receiving help from people! Thanks

K

Kirosana

Username: Kirosana

Name: Daniel
Where you're from: England, UK
How long you've been using Game Maker: Just bought it a couple of days ago, I have used a really old version a long while ago, but it's completely different now by the looks of it.
Any cool games you've made: Not in Game Maker yet, currently working on my first proper game.
Personality Type: Sarcastic, Funny, Probably not as funny as I think I am though.

Other things about yourself: I work in tech support, my job is literally telling customers those famous words... "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Rob

Username: Kirosana

Name: Daniel
Where you're from: England, UK
How long you've been using Game Maker: Just bought it a couple of days ago, I have used a really old version a long while ago, but it's completely different now by the looks of it.
Any cool games you've made: Not in Game Maker yet, currently working on my first proper game.
Personality Type: Sarcastic, Funny, Probably not as funny as I think I am though.

Other things about yourself: I work in tech support, my job is literally telling customers those famous words... "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
I got excited when I saw your profile picture. Then I saw "Daniel" and cried =(

K

kami '86

Username: kami '86
Old GMC Username: I really do not remmember, may something like this, but worse
Other usernames from past and present: ale2tobias, kamikaze,

Name: Ale Tobias
Where you're from: (502) Guatemala
How long you've been using Game Maker: I really do not remmember, I pickup when it was like 50% off, then in the university, for me degree... to now, 3 + 2 = 5 years, maybe.
Any cool games you've made: Anything to be proud, but the next proyect (So when this one fail, this statement it's still valid XD)
Personality Type: This is adeceptive question, but I try me best. I'm glad to help, if you ask. Don't like when people joke about fart's, injured, cursing, and things in the middle (Ok, the bad ones, the good ones are hilarious).
I really like GMS, has love for this piece of art work. I joke alot in me native lenguaje, but in ithis one, its really hard to understand me (well, in the other one too).
I had freinds (the real ones) but in internet it's other history, it's loonly and depressed to had just one boot fallow you're things.
in resume: Ashamed with sence of humor (I think maybe am a little condradictory dude)

I like 2D art, I started make games in 3D but fail (BIG TIME). I do Parkour & Tricking (yeah, this is just like curius fact). I more notorious in other feild's that are no make games.
I LOVE GAMES, anything that be realeted with this (No gameplays, really old to get this). I LOVE THE INDIE SCENE (even if I am not part of it, but with the next proyect gonna be diferent XD)
[/IMG]

Hey guys! My name's Max, I am 26 and I am video game composer. Writing music for about ten years and I like to take a part in interesting Indie game projects. So feel free to contact me =) Cheers!

B

Binary Orange Studios

Hi everyone!

Username: Binary Orange Studios
Old GMC Username: Not sure, it's been ages since I've used GameMaker and didn't even realize there had been a forum change!
Other usernames from past and present: BinaryOrange, YodamanJer, CoffeeCoder

Name: Packie McCreary
Where you're from:
Currently residing in Wisconsin
How long you've been using Game Maker: I used GMS1 for about a year, GM 8.1 before that for about two years and have only just recently began using GMS 2. In total roughly 2-3 years
Any cool games you've made: None. :( I've made several small games but never kept any of them. Really kicking myself for that because no matter how "bad" a game project is you should NEVER completely get rid of it!
Personality Type: Mostly happy, with a touch of sarcasm and a bit of self-doubt. That comes with the territory of programming!

I also have used other game engines (most notably Unity and Unreal), but have found that I really enjoy making 2D games and most engines either do it poorly, or have are too "heavy" to use for 2D because their primary focus is 3D. I also love drawing so pixel art is right up my alley!

I am currently setting up my own website where I will showcase some of my art and projects with GMS 2. I'm really looking forward to participating in this community again, I loved it here in my younger days! Glad to be back!