• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Kingdom Action rpg (has demo!)

O

Outseidr

KINGDOM!!!

Update 2/7/2018:
-added much need visual effects to most attacks
-added fireball skill for staff weapon!
-redesigned test arena to be more fun-ctional!
-harvesting and fishing is just a bit easier.
-random miscellaneos awesom bug fixes. pretty sure what i have is bugfree
let me know if you see something you think should be how it isnt~

Video

DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS

Controls:

Move - W,A,S,D

Run - hold shift

recover stamina but not attacking or running for a few seconds

Attack/Open/Activate - Left MB

Charge attack: hold Left MB then release

Skill - Right MB, can be charged,
Sword: click to attack, can be used in combo
Bow: click to fire 2 arrows, hold to unleash huge piercing arrow

Character Menu - C
Navigate between Inventory, Weapon inventory, Weapon proficiency, and skill proficiency by clicking the tabs

Skill tree - K
Thanks for testing you get like 10 skill points go wild!!
1 point is earned on each level up

During normal play one would get 2 weapon sets to switch between with F, for this test there are 6 to play with:

switch between test sets - 1,2,3

f to switch weapons in the set

1 - sword and bow, sword has 3 hit combo each hit doing more damage than the last

2 - pickaxe and hoe ( for harvesting :) right click on the mushrooms or flowers, then left click within the circle to harvest.

3 - staff and fishing pole (fishing pole right click to drop line in water, left click with in the circle to catch

charge your staff up!!!

FOR FUN AND TESTING:
click the multicolorful tree to change your characters color, not really going to be in the game this way, but have fun with it, the color of your character determines the color of your menus and particle effects as well, going to implement it with some splitscreen play if i can get some funding for console support.

enjoy the pet, full pet system working just gotta get a menu for it so all you get is the one for now

SLIMES ARE RUTHLESS.

You are not meant to take much damage...

Thanks all,

Outseidr

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave M

Looks good, I'll try out the download when I get home from work and get back to you.

O

Outseidr

Looks good, I'll try out the download when I get home from work and get back to you.
Sounds great I hope If youve had a chance to try it that you loved it! if you havent tried it yet check out the new update just popped in. theres the worlds most bangin fireball attack now!

O

Outseidr

So what is your game about exactly ?
it is a story about a king/queen, his/her land, his/her memory, and his/her rebuilding it to a glory long past what it ever was.

One will take control of your highness, in battle, crafting, harvesting, farming, and building along with a whole host of characters you create in a classic create/hire context similar to ff tactics or disgaia

"My King/Queen!?..."
the demo currently hosts none of this, as is why i didn't mention it in the post yet!

A

Avterra1d

it is a story about a king/queen, his/her land, his/her memory, and his/her rebuilding it to a glory long past what it ever was.

One will take control of your highness, in battle, crafting, harvesting, farming, and building along with a whole host of characters you create in a classic create/hire context similar to ff tactics or disgaia

"My King/Queen!?..."
the demo currently hosts none of this, as is why i didn't mention it in the post yet!
So you’ll be building a kingdom and doing exploration at the same time?

O

Outseidr

Yes! Exploring for your kingdoms people, and building up your kingdom your own way .

I still consider this to be an 'engine' far from what the completed project will look like, and right now there is mainly combat and harvesting to test. More will come!