Alpha UPDATE 1-27-18 [DEMO ALMOST READY!] Fantasy Metroidvania - Solo Project

G

gamedev4life

COMBAT AND FIRE!

Hi all, new update for my solo project! Lemme know what you all think :)

Hello game makers! Been programming my warrior character's new abilities and special moves! Check it out and let me know what you think :)

Hi all! Here's an update showing my playable monster character w some special moves! Feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks :)
Hello fellow game devs! It is with great pleasure that I am unofficially announcing my metroidvania game (untitled atm) here on the Game Maker forums! I am doing all art and code the game by myself and will be outsourceing the music and sound fx since I have zero skills in those areas. I'm a game artist originally and I've been putting a lot of hours studying, researching and learning GML and have really gotten the hang of it and some! I can now easily change states, do transitional sprite animations, basic platformer stuff, and much more! Behold the results!

*please keep in mind there will be much much more to come; this is but a drop compared to the ocean that this game will become.

*all artwork/mechanics/etc are a WIP or placeholder

first and foremost, yay the game maker forums are back!

ok, hi all. im making a new game, started about a month ago, and unlike previous game development endeavors, this time around, inspired by the guy who made axiom verge, im doing a solo project--all art, code, design, and sound fx (well everything except for the music) will all be done by me.

theres no demo yet, although i hope to have a pre-alpha demo by the end of july. so yea, stay tuned for more updates!

Last edited by a moderator:

johnwo

Looks great! Reminds me of the action sequences in Actraiser[SNES] (the way the sword is held, jumping animation).

Keep up the good work! :D

G

gamedev4life

thanks! i agree the jump attack is "jarring" and is something im currently trying to figure out how to better code so that there is no stopping mid air. i just started learning GML a month ago

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gamedev4life

(update is in OP)
Hi everyone, finally an update! My programming skills have sky rocketed in the last week or 2 and will be pumping out a lot more updates in the days/weeks to come. Just please keep in mind this is extremely early in development and I am doing all the art and code myself.

Coercive

Lovely work so far. I'm liking your progress. I suggest fixing that issue with the shadow when the player jumps on that far right platform from the lower platform.

G

gamedev4life

Bumping for the new update! Let me know what you all think :)