Team Request Need Team Members for In-Development RTS

T

Templarfreak

We're a team of two people looking for two more to help with programming and pixel art. We already have quite a few unit designs and some sprite work already done, as well as a tiny bit of code (Not ported to Game Maker already). Unfortunately, nothing playable yet. We're still early in development. Both of us have experience in making units and factions for existing RTS games and have completed most things we work on (Although not released).

We'll have 3 factions in a sci-fi setting based around a show that pits the 3 factions against each other for entertainment. We're going with a slightly cartoony clean 16-bit art style.

For a programmer, we ideally want:
- Examples of completed work (Preferably a completed game, but if you can impress we'll still consider).
- Able to work decently with others on code (I'll do my best to help, but I'm not the best programmer).

For a 2D Pixel/Sprite Artist we want:
- A few examples of sprites you've completed.
- Able to work in styles they may not be use to.

Here's a quick rundown on us.

Me:
I can work with pretty much anybody and I have some minor coding experience (Namely in WarCraft III's and StarCraft II's JASS/Galaxy Script, some in LUA, and in Game Maker's scripting). I am very passionate about game design in general. Very friendly. Not so serious. I'm not easy to impress. I have A LOT of free time and am here pretty much 12 to 15+ hours a day on most days. I have a lot of experience in writing. Finally, I am very critical and also accept criticism pretty well.

Rook:
Can also work with code (Probably a lot better than me), particularly C++. Is also pretty easy to work with and can work with others. Has lots of free time as well. Also has a lot of 2D pixel art experience. Pretty friendly. Very serious. Also very passionate about game design.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

stebdub

Hi there, I'm available 24/7 for programming. I have over 11 years of experience with GML.

Here's a link to a solo RPG project I've been working on in GML. I did all the art and programming on it.
http://alkahestgame.blogspot.com/

I have a passion for RPG games in particular, and I have NO times when I'm NOT available. I do lots of freelance work, and am eager to put my GML skills to the test.

T

Templarfreak

We are considering doing an RPG in the future, too (But that's far off into the future). Between Rook and I, we have very diverse interests in genres and game types. If you can do something as complex as an RPG then an RTS should be doable so I'll PM you a link to a Skype chat.

Z

ZiggyZer0

Compilation.png
Here's a few things i've made over the past few years. i lost a bunch of it when my old computer died, and since then i havn't really worked on allot of stuff. let me know if your intrested.

P

Pieps

I'm moderately skilled in GML and moderately skilled in Java. I'm particularly skilled in theoretical problem solving if your game is going to be mechanically intensive(think of physics or mechanics that make players go "well that's certainly interesting"). I'm only looking for paid work.

S

Sovel

I'm a pixel artist that has had enormous amount of spare time lately been looking for a team project!! PM me if any Sprite, Soundtrack or Audio Effects positions are open and I'll get right back to you!