• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows FINAL WING - Arcade Style Shooter

T

Thunder Lion

Welcome, I would like to present my latest project, Final Wing, it is an arcade style space shooter. Currently it is in the conceptual stage and will have further features fleshed out. Future plans are to have more weapons, equipment, targets and enemies among other features.

CURRENT RELEASE:
[1-25-2018]
  • Player can use arrow keys to move their Wing known as the Atom, motion is based off acceleration and deceleration.
  • Player can use the Machine Gun weapon, which currently has infinite ammo (update will disable this).
  • Player has health that is drained upon contact with obstacles, larger ones do more damage.
  • Score shows at top left and also underneath health bar (this is temporary).
  • Large and smaller asteroids fly across the screen, destroying them creates smaller parts.
  • Gain points via destroying asteroids or by staying alive, the former gives more points.
  • Game will restart upon death
  • ESC ends the game, Backspace restarts the game, and F1 toggles fullscreen
KNOWN BUGS:
[1-25-18]
  • Sometimes bullets travel through asteroids despite clearly making contact, working on a solution although occurrence has been greatly reduced.
  • Please Note that arrow keys and the Z button will conflict at moments preventing down-left motion, this is a trait of keyboard button registering, will attempt a work around.
  • Score will go over frame when high enough, this is temporary.

DOWNLOAD LINK: [1-25-18]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CIV6olXZk6RTd6tZUm91l8qAbNDAgeL_

Story: Final Wing takes place in a future where mankind has now made space travel the equivalent of using and buying a sports car. The solar system is vast and filled with colonies, regions of space are sectioned off by radio signals called Constellations. Earth is not a wasteland like many in the past had suspected but economical opportunity and the freedoms of the vastness of space have attracted generations into the stars. War and economical pressures still loom their ugly head and fill the infinite void of space the future is uncertain. Many have gone the way of the outlaw, making their own lives, against the will of governing bodies. You are an ex-Wing pilot of the Soviet Russian Space Union, dishonorably discharged after acting against orders. Fleeing the hand of your government, you somehow managed to start a new life. Your name is Cion and your trusted technician and sister is Kennedy. Both have begun a life you've only dreamed of looking to the stars as children. You are mercenaries, your a fighter for hire. Take on contracts and find your place among the stars. But things are not so certain for even the free.

Concept: Play through a story mode where you play as an ex-space fighter known as Cion, you will pilot Wings which are highly advanced atmosphere to space vessels created to traverse the solar system and can be equipped with advance technologies to become the most powerful mercenary you can be. Player's will play levels which will have some story elements involved, buy and craft new equipment and ships, fight enemies who only want to destroy you and find your place in the solar system.

Plans: The game will feature various weapons, technologies, armors and ships for the player to use. Plan to have story mode which will give levels to play. And much more.

NEXT UPDATE:
  • I will add in the Wing Garage where you will be able to test out the current concept and layout for ship customization.
  • Will add limited ammo, don't worry you will reload after using it all up, you'll just be vulnerable.
  • 2 new weapons, the missile launcher and the Tizer.
  • 2 new equipment items, the magnetic shield and the Call Strike: Missile Strike
  • 1 new armor item, increase damage resistance to projectiles.
  • 1 new enemy, basic AI will shoot in intervals and when player in front, bound by same rules as player
  • HUD rework, will make health bar bigger and more obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Thunder Lion

Thank you for your review, I appreciate the honest comments. I will work on making the page more appealing and also will update and correct the issues you've noted. I plan on fixing the collisions. The message was a lazy fix I admit, I will have it replaced definitely. Also weapons and such are in the works and getting tweeks to fill like they should. Definitely encouraging thank you!