Opinion How Experienced Are You At Game Maker?

T

Thunder Lion

I've been using GameMaker since around 2002. I'd like to think I know how it works pretty well, I've done dozens of projects in it since then. As for released stuff? Oh, one. Martian Disturbance Turbo Maximum Edition. That's right, in almost fifteen years of using GameMaker I've only gotten around to fully releasing one game. Sadly it's gone now, only a page in the legacy GMC archives to ever even suggest it existed. Well, I guess Lockdown counts, and I've done others that haven't been released at all. So, honestly I'd consider myself either highly adept or even advanced. I'm always surprised by the creativity and capability of other users but when it comes to practical knowledge I certainly have the tools to build games, but I also have a full-time career so I may lack the time (and sometimes energy) to really dig in and build games. Though I do like to help people on here from time to time, because I really enjoy GM and I hope you will be the next Toby Fox.
Can I play it?

D

DeathandGrim

I guess I'd be considered Adept?

I feel confident I'm a tad lower on the list because my brain has eroded from alcohol, junk food, stress, and not actually making games for years, but I've released 5 games and know my way around the older Game Makers. I'm still learning Studio 2 but it's not that much different

Hyomoto

Can I play it?
I honestly wish. If I still had the source code, or even the executable I'd be glad to share it since outside of being a badly coded project it had it's charms. But the short answer is no, but you can enjoy some screenshots that proves it existed:
md-nomss1.JPG TBss1.JPG

I'll be honest, I've wanted to recreate it (better obviously) but I've just never gotten around to it, though I have gone so far as to source all of the original images (as far as I can recall) I used to make it. Maybe one day.