• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Windows (YYC ) on Windows 10

Cpaz

Having issues atm with trying to test a project with the YYC compiler on Windows 10. All settings are "ok", i've installed Visual studio community (what I used on a windows 7 laptop and have it work just fine) Upon compiling I get this sort of error repeatedly, but with different scripts.

In file included from C:/Users/Person/Documents/GameMaker/Cache/"Project"
08/Default/Scripts/gml_Object_object_Alarm_10.gml.cpp:1:
In file included from C:\Users\Person\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\YYC\include\YYGML.h:5:
C:\Users\Person\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\YYC\include/YYStd.h:33:10: fatal error: 'malloc.h' file not found
#include <malloc.h>

(Just a one of the "generated errors," all of which are structured the exact same, just for different objects and events)
Using the normal Windows runner works normally.
Any help would be appreciated.

I

icuurd12b42

I compile YYC in windows 10... Visual Studio 2012... Game Maker Studio 1.4.1757

J

Jarmar Games

If you're using vs2015 + Windows YYC, you have to tick Windows 8.0/8.1 during installation, which will install the SDKs and compilers that works with GMS. Next, in settings->windows change the 8.0 to 8.1 and it can then find what it needs for windows yyc to compile.

Cpaz

If you're using vs2015 + Windows YYC, you have to tick Windows 8.0/8.1 during installation, which will install the SDKs and compilers that works with GMS. Next, in settings->windows change the 8.0 to 8.1 and it can then find what it needs for windows yyc to compile.
I have both UWP and 8/8.1 tools installed. I also had the sdk on 8.1. sdk 10 turns back an error that windows.h is missing. 8.0 spits out the same errors the 8.1 sdk had (the one I have been using).

EDIT:
I compile YYC in windows 10... Visual Studio 2012... Game Maker Studio 1.4.1757
Would using Visual Studio community (I presume 2015?) have any large substantial difference?

Last edited:
I

icuurd12b42

as far as I knew, up until I read post 5, MS dev 2012 was the dev studio you need to use...

Cpaz

Visual studio 12 seems to get farther. But I still get an issue:
linking program.exe
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.2.9200.20789
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'libcpmt.lib'
C:\Users\Nicholas\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_95312\gm_ttt_94512\program.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and parse the manifest. The system cannot find the file specified.
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=295047.2339
Stats : GMA : sp=291,au=70,bk=7,pt=0,sc=15,sh=0,fo=5,tl=0,ob=187,ro=7,da=0,ex=0,ma=1546,fm=0x5DFA28F4
Asset Compile finished: 11:22:30 AM
Compile finished: 11:22:30 AM

I also get warnings (not errors) of this nature:

C:/Users/Nicholas/Documents/GameMaker/Cache/program 08/Default/Scripts/gml_Object_obj_event_2.gml.cpp:394:62: warning: comparison of constant -1 with expression of type 'bool' is always false [-Wtautological-constant-out-of-range-compare]
if((!((/* First usage */sbuiltin_alarm_49F3B240.val > 0.5 )) == -1)) {
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^ ~~
1 warning generated.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Reinstall/Repair Visual Studio as it appears to not have installed correctly, we see this frequently - just rerun the installer and hit Repair, it should fix it

Russell

I

icuurd12b42

Yes, it's a warning

if(sbuiltin_alarm>.5 == -1)

sbuiltin_alarm>.5 gives 0 or 1. 0 or 1 will NEVER equate -1. so the equation will always be false

comparison of constant -1 with expression of type 'bool' is always false

@rwkay Should this really cause the compiler to exit?

S

seanm

@icuurd12b42 No, that is just a warning. The compiler is exiting because of this

C++ does handle everything that !=1 as false, so I'm not even sure why that throws a warning.

@Cpaz
Have you tried clearing the project cache? My YYC won't compile after a while and throws link errors, I just clear the cache and its all good.

Cpaz

@icuurd12b42 No, that is just a warning. The compiler is exiting because of this

C++ does handle everything that !=1 as false, so I'm not even sure why that throws a warning.

@Cpaz
Have you tried clearing the project cache? My YYC won't compile after a while and throws link errors, I just clear the cache and its all good.
Huh. That worked! Thanks a ton!
(I haven't tried to do a full compile, but I compiled it for debug mode. It should yield the same results.)

S

seanm

Yeah I don't know why it works or what causes it. Every now and again it'll come back, so just clear the cache again.

Cheers