• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Isle Frontier 0.5.2

Ragster

Isle Frontier 0.5.2
Inspired by great games such as RuneScape, Animal Crossing, and Minecraft
Updated: 2021-12-29

Main.png

Screenshots
Skill.png
Mine.png
What's on the to-do list?
  • Currently working on adding more furniture series: Luxurious, Victorian, and Golden.
  • More home upgrades: House and Mansion.
  • Appearance design, including sex, skin color, hair, makeup, and clothing (hats, tops, and bottoms).
  • Expanding the soundtrack.
  • A menu with multiple islands to choose from.
  • Hunting with a companion (dogs, foxes, wolves, etc.).
  • Traveling to the city, where you'll find a furniture blueprint store, flooring store, clothing store, floral store, and more.

Conclusion and Download Link
I have been using Game Maker for over a decade, but have never set out to complete a full game. I hope that this will finally be my first game ever completed eventually, and I sincerely hope everyone enjoys it; any kind of feedback is appreciated!

Download Link
  • For this early testing, experience gain is multiplied by 5.
Version Info
  • A basic tutorial has been added.
  • A new background track has been added: "White Chowder".
  • Crafting times, ingredients, and experience has been re-balanced.
  • The fire ambient SFX will no longer continue to play after a fire has been extinguished.
  • An error where part of the background music would continue to play after switching songs has been fixed.
  • The Oriental furniture series has been added. Unlocked at Expert-level Carpentry, this furniture series requires Willow wood and Titanium metal to craft.
  • Initial beta release.
  • Better mouse-to-screen collision checking for smaller objects.
  • Right clicking while the option menu is open will now reopen another option menu.
  • Equipment slot is now represented by a pair of hands.
  • The first music track to play is now decided randomly (there are only two songs currently).
  • Mining deposits and chopping wood is faster.
  • Initial Release

Last edited:

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Lol, a friend pointed me at this because of the name. It looks quite fun, I'm gonna give it a play.

I really enjoy this!
I crafted a pickaxe before I realised that I had an inventory full of all of the tools, lol.
I'm excited to see how this develops! Good job!

Last edited:

Ragster

Lol, a friend pointed me at this because of the name. It looks quite fun, I'm gonna give it a play.

I really enjoy this!
I crafted a pickaxe before I realised that I had an inventory full of all of the tools, lol.
I'm excited to see how this develops! Good job!
Glad you're enjoying it! (don't worry, It's still a working title :D)

@Lukan: I was about to @ you in here myself, haha.

Game does look nice, though! The art gives it a nice breezy atmosphere. =)
Many thanks!
My review -
(apologies for the sound)
I really appreciate the video, it helped me out a lot! I'm going to redo my main post to include several things that I left out originally, hopefully it will help others.

Ragster

The game has been updated to the Beta version!! It's taken me a while, but I've made quite a lot of process since I first posted this. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ragster

Version 0.5.1 is out:
  • The Oriental furniture series has been added. Unlocked at Expert-level Carpentry, this furniture series requires Willow wood and Titanium metal to craft.
Untitled.png

Ragster

That's strange. I've downloaded and ran it on three different devices and didn't have any problems. May I suggest updating DirectX? I had to do that on my laptop for it to run.

Ragster

Version 0.5.2 is out:
  • A basic tutorial has been added.
  • A new background track has been added: "White Chowder".
  • Crafting times, ingredients, and experience has been re-balanced.
  • The fire ambient SFX will no longer continue to play after a fire has been extinguished.
  • An error where part of the background music would continue to play after switching songs has been fixed.

Stra

" simple game about living a simple life "
Btw, I'll have you know living on a farm and living only off the land is no simple life, but an extreme amount of hard work. ;)😂👨‍🌾

Mig_PG

Honestly, this game impressed me a lot. I enjoyed but there are a couple of reasons why I did not finish the tutorial.

Let's start with the positive :

1. The world is charming and the arts enjoyable (even if they are simple).
  2. The little moving tree is a plus.
  3. The music was subtle but a nice addon.
  4. The tutorial was clear and easy to follow.
Now here are some things I some technical adjustments I feel like would be important to consider :

1. My screen's resolution is 2560 * 1440 which means your world's edges is cutted out. It doesn't look too good.
  2. I found that walking around and harvesting stuff was a bit painful. How about moving with WASD or the ARROWS? Did you consider not centering the player to the view, allowing the screen to not move while the player is moving within a certain distance from the center. That way my cursor I could be moving and trying to click something to harvest and the mouse wouldn't be moving with the view. (That point was the biggest deal breaker for me).
  3. The fonts size for the screen were way too small.

I am looking forward to play this game again when you release some new stuff. I'd be great to be able to try stuff out without always starting at the beginning though.