Beta Blue Void (3D horror game)

Dragon47

Download: http://www.mediafire...p/Blue Void.exe

A secret organization has lost contact with one of its research facilities, namely the IRF which is located thousands of meters below sea level to conduct research on underwater life forms. To find out what has happened, someone has to go down to the facility and investigate. Because of IRF's past, no one from the organization dares to accept the mission, which is why they choose you to go down instead.

Blue Void is a first person horror game. It started out as a 1-2 months long school project in 2014, but development stopped when the school year was over. The game was never finished, but we were so close, which is why we in 2015 decided to continue developing the game to try to make it into a finished product. The first few areas of the game are nearly complete. It's not possible to win the game, but if you find the "Sector A" security door, you've made it as far as currently possible.

We would appreciate feedback on what you think about the atmosphere of the game and how it affected you. Any compliments on what we have done right so far, or input on improvements of what we currently have (or new ideas) are also greatly appreciated.

Update 27/07/2016: We have listened to the suggestions made on the old GMC forum, and we have done a lot of further development on the game which is not part of the executable above. We may release a new version soon.

Controls: WASD-keys to move. Mouse to look around. Left mouse button to interact. <Ctrl> to crouch, <Space> to jump and <Q> and <E> to look around corners.

Screenshots:

KurtBlissZ

Made it all the way to the sector a door. I also re-discovered that bug when you fall down the stairs while going to the sector b door; luckily able to go back to the menu and load the game back up. I remember last time I played this on the old forum, the drops of water kept spooking me because I didn't knew what it was and that happened again. :eek:

Can't wait for the next update

L

Latecomer

This is terrific. Impressed with the smooth movement controls, and in my play-through, the collision detection seemed faultless. The atmosphere of the game was spooky enough that it made me desperately want a "run" option - I kept hitting the "shift" key with my pinkie in an attempt to sprint! I only got GMS yesterday with the hope of making a 3D shooter, and seeing excellent work like this gives me something to aspire to. Very well done, hope you continue with the updates!

Reactions: Zek

Dragon47

This is terrific. Impressed with the smooth movement controls, and in my play-through, the collision detection seemed faultless. The atmosphere of the game was spooky enough that it made me desperately want a "run" option - I kept hitting the "shift" key with my pinkie in an attempt to sprint! I only got GMS yesterday with the hope of making a 3D shooter, and seeing excellent work like this gives me something to aspire to. Very well done, hope you continue with the updates!
Thank you :)

F

fxokz

when the book shelf fell i actually jumped rofl.. this is way to scary its such a challange just to complete the game

edit: yeah when i saw the face through the window i just quit the game. you won man xd

WHY IS IT SO SCARY

Last edited:
C

Cavender_Games

Really really digging the 3D. I am so used to seeing 2D games being made here but this is special. Very interested in how you did it!

M

MEITdev

Great atmosphere, I hate horror games - I do not have the nerve to play them. And your game I had to turn off after I got the 3rd access card and the glass panel broke, just after I heard the steps going down the staircase and seeing the white mask dude behind the glass window.

So result - it is a scary game, so great job. How did you achieve such a high FPS in 3D using GMS? I am impressed !

Suggestions: Maybe some voice over would be nice and add to the atmosphere. also some of the textures could be animated and some "sparks" effects and animations could improve the atmosphere of the game.

Dragon47

Thank you for the feedback :)
The models and lighting are quite simple which in turn gives a high FPS, and each level is its own 3D model as well (placing lots of wall models etc. around would be slow).

M

MEITdev

Just finished the playable part, that mask dude is hell scary. Great effect when you die. Would like to see more game!

S

Sudo_Radish

Dammit I want to play but I am too lazy to get out of bed and turn my laptop on.

Tomorrow I shall play. I love a good horror.

M

MEITdev

Hi there!

I have recorded a short "honest first impressions" feedback video for your game.

The purpose of this video is for you as a developer to see how players play your game, what are their expressions as well as some likes and dislikes. Basically the personal feedback is something that is hard to get, so I am hoping to help you just a little bit with this video.

Hope this helps :)
If it gets some likes and views I will make more videos of your game!

Dragon47

Hi there!

I have recorded a short "honest first impressions" feedback video for your game.

The purpose of this video is for you as a developer to see how players play your game, what are their expressions as well as some likes and dislikes. Basically the personal feedback is something that is hard to get, so I am hoping to help you just a little bit with this video.

Hope this helps :)
If it gets some likes and views I will make more videos of your game!
Thank you, great feedback! :)
We work on the game from time to time, and we're hoping to finish it at some point, it's moved forward kind of slowly lately. It's motivating to see people checking it out!
Would gladly watch more videos :)

M

MEITdev

Glad you liked it! Happy to be of service to you!

Love your game, please tell me there is upcoming update :)

I have finished the WIP section, here is the second video!

I hope this will give you some additional feedback and encouragement !

Dragon47

Glad you liked it! Happy to be of service to you!

Love your game, please tell me there is upcoming update :)

I have finished the WIP section, here is the second video!

I hope this will give you some additional feedback and encouragement !
This demo is pretty old by now, we have done a lot of changes.
We might post an updated version when we make our steam greenlight page.

M

MEITdev

This demo is pretty old by now, we have done a lot of changes.
We might post an updated version when we make our steam greenlight page.
Will be glad to give feedback on the new version! Let me know if you would be interested and send me a download link so I can be of service.

Glad to hear you plan greenlight and are making progress with the game ! Keep up the great work! :)

Dragon47

Will be glad to give feedback on the new version! Let me know if you would be interested and send me a download link so I can be of service.

Glad to hear you plan greenlight and are making progress with the game ! Keep up the great work! :)
Great to hear, I'll let you know when we post a new version :)

G

Glockster

I played this game a while back -- it's really well made. It actually follows a unique theme and has a solid 3D engine.
I hope you work on this again! Make some more blue-prints, and play 3D horror games, and get inspired.

Jobo

GMC Elder
I was playing this in my lunch break just now and was loving the experience. Unfortunately in room 3 (I think) I fell through the stairs and got stuck and couldn't continue. :(

Dragon47

I was playing this in my lunch break just now and was loving the experience. Unfortunately in room 3 (I think) I fell through the stairs and got stuck and couldn't continue. :(

E

elmoduck

This is possibly the best 3D game made in Game Maker that I have ever played. I couldn't find a single bug and the physics are amazing! Great work, very atmospheric!