• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Trying to make a simple Breakout game (haha).

M

MadZenno

Hi guys,

Total newbie in GMS2.

So I'm working on the basic Breakout game, and after changing some code, the game compiles, but after it compiles, it doesn't run (even pressing F5).

Also I been having some issues such as gamepad error (when not using gamepad or external controls at all other than using usb mouse.

Also I tried to save my project just now when it was doing this....
issues1.png

I am also getting
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)"

And cannot get the game to run at all.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
GHo back through the code you changed and see what is broken... or run the game in debug mode and step through the code to find the exact point where the issue occurs (if possible). If the game rand before and it doesn't now, then there is something in wha you changed that the asset compiler doesn't like and you need to revise the code and fix it.

M

MadZenno

GHo back through the code you changed and see what is broken... or run the game in debug mode and step through the code to find the exact point where the issue occurs (if possible). If the game rand before and it doesn't now, then there is something in wha you changed that the asset compiler doesn't like and you need to revise the code and fix it.
Yeah i fixed the initial problem, i'm trying to convert the old Breakout example to 2.0.