• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android GameMaker: Studio Issues with Android

R

Roger Robertson

If no changes by Sept 17th the following will occur:

LIBPNG ISSUE: Beginning September 17, 2016, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps or updates that use vulnerable versions of libpng.
ADMOB ISSUE: In order to ensure that your ads continue to serve after September 15th, 2016, please upgrade to Google Mobile Ads SDK 7.0.0 or higher.

So does this sum it up as of now?
NOT complaining just trying to get a grip on GM:S for Android.
I AM SURE that YoYo WILL have these issues fixed by the deadlines.
My goal with this is to let Android publishers know to be ready to update their Apps.
You can Publish until the deadlines.
Please let me know if any of this is incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:

camerakid

As far as I know the last one is incorrect as you can publish apps right now (including the libPNG issue) you cannot publish or update after 17th Sept 2016. However my last updates were back in June so I might be incorrect too.

R

Roger Robertson

You are most correct, I modified my post to reflect it. I have updated an app using the depreciated SDKs and they let me. I am just ready to recompile again when GM:S is updated.

BTW: Before anyone yells at YoYo for this be aware that as of this post date several of the big Game Development Applications are having the same issues. They are one of the first to fix LibPNG.