• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Demo Rockman Versus (Demo 4 released!)

KhMaIBQ

This is my Rockman fan game called Rockman Versus!

What is in the demo?:
- Local and online play
- Arcade Mode
- Versus Mode
- Artificial Intelligence (computer) opponents
- Rockman, Elecman, Metalman, Geminiman, Pharaohman, Gravityman, and Flameman as playable characters
- Blues, Elec, Metal, Gemini, Pharaoh, Gravity, and Flame as playable stages

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/stjk9a16tuorh49/Rockman_Versus_Demo4.zip?dl=1

Videos:

Screenshots:

Contacts:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/KhMaIBQ
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/RockmanVersus/
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZEBFGMwA2tX0m2WdztKZtQ

Last edited:
I love the idea! Looks like fun to play and online support is super cool! From the video, the gameplay looks really solid too!

RANDOM THOUGHTS (feel free to ignore...): Of course Mega Man (Rockman) is a great source of feels for me, I am a gamer kid of the 80's. So this makes me very happy to see. But, it could be a good idea if you could branch it off into it's own theme and characters. I only bring this up as if this becomes popular, you will likely run into take down notices from Capcom. Not to mention that you could actually sell it. Retain the gameplay and similar art style and people that would find joy in this would likely recognize where it received inspiration from. It could be pretty successful I think.

KhMaIBQ

I love the idea! Looks like fun to play and online support is super cool! From the video, the gameplay looks really solid too!

RANDOM THOUGHTS (feel free to ignore...): Of course Mega Man (Rockman) is a great source of feels for me, I am a gamer kid of the 80's. So this makes me very happy to see. But, it could be a good idea if you could branch it off into it's own theme and characters. I only bring this up as if this becomes popular, you will likely run into take down notices from Capcom. Not to mention that you could actually sell it. Retain the gameplay and similar art style and people that would find joy in this would likely recognize where it received inspiration from. It could be pretty successful I think.
Thank you for the kind comments and random thought. The only reason for me to create the project is because it is a labor of love for the original Rockman series. It would be cool to turn this into an original IP and make money from it, but then it would lose the main purpose for why I am working on this project. Also, I don't have the resources for art and sound assets, so I would need to find team members for those components. I am only a programmer. :p (and a bit of a pixel artist lol)

KhMaIBQ

Thank you for the review, ElectricdonkeyYT. Here are my replies to the feedback you've given:

Feedback - Escape exits game and doesn't exit current menu.
Reply - The Escape key is reserved as the "quit the game/online" key because I wanted something that prompts the player before quitting. You can quickly exit menus by pressing the players' Cancel button. (Backspace for player 1, Left Shift for player 2)

Feedback - Use Steam for online or something else.
Reply - I am unable to use Steam because this game is a fan game of the Mega Man/Rockman series by Capcom. I am looking into better ways to handle how to find hosted games online.

Feedback - Controls for setting the IP address are not fun.
Reply - Sorry for the bad UI for that menu. I've been meaning to change it to something better. It is still using the basic menu I created when I first implemented that menu.

Feedback - Controls for battle are confusing.
Reply - The controls for battle are based on the original games on the NES. Directional buttons are for menu navigation and basic movement. There is a dedicated jump button, basic attack button, and two special ability buttons.

Feedback - Keyboard controls for 2 people are rough.
Reply - There is no easy way to have 2 people on one keyboard simultaneously, but that is why you are able to change the controls and it also supports joysticks/gamepads simultaneously. I highly recommend playing the game on a joystick/gamepad. I should probably put that somewhere in the game.

Thanks again for the review!