Old school game dev?

K

Kobold

This is exactly how it looks like when I use GMS2 for making a 3D game :)
...but I don't use cardboard ...I am one step further by using plywood ...very thin sheets.

K

Kobold

Mid-Nineties game dev!!! I'm not sure what use I have for this thing in 2017, but at least I own a piece of history:

That is the Net Yaroze!....
When we were kids we would talk about that thing all the time... it was to us like the holy bible to christianity.
You are very lucky to own one that complete.
Back then there were demos to be found within the PSX magazines showing off some of the titles which were created using that kit. Also a short introduction on Net Yaroze, what it requires (50K modem to the internet and serial connection to the PC... all the things which we desperately wanted and no one really had) and what one could do with it. I think this console was 600 british pounds back then (1997) .

F

FireflyX91

That is awesome! I wonder if you could get a game up and running?
It's something I was planning to get around to, but I think the Net Yaroze community has been dead a long time. Not many would ever play it...

Back then there were demos to be found within the PSX magazines showing off some of the titles which were created using that kit.
Indeed, I still have some old demo discs which contain yaroze games.

I think this console was 600 british pounds back then (1997) .
... And it never got any cheaper. even 20 years later ;)