• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

If an intruder came into your home how would you react?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom would probably call 911 if an intruder came into her home or elsewhere (intruding type) or both.

GML stands for Game Maker Language

Here is a GML version of what I would do
Code:
if (need_to_defend_myself_or_anyone_else == true)
{
  defend_self_or_others_against_the_intruder = true;
  fake_sleep = false;
}
else if (need_to_defend_myself_or_anyone_else == false)
{
  defend_self_or_others_against_the_intruder = false;
  fake_sleep = true;
}

Rayek

Happened when I was a wee little kid of 6 years old, and my dad was away from home. A stranger suddenly entered my mom's kitchen through the backdoor and had a threatening posture. Luckily, my mom pretended calling to my dad upstairs, and the intruder quickly turned away, and ran out of the door.

Very clever move under the circumstances - nerves of steel. I am uncertain if I could've defused the situation in such cool manner.

Of course, afterwards she started freaking out, and immediately bolted all the doors.

Seryal

I'd keep a safe distance from my hallway assuming they broke in while I was in my bedroom. Ask the stranger what they needed and why they were here. If I could not accommodate I would retreat back into my bedroom; grab one of four rifles and exit my room and ask the stranger to leave.

M

Misu

I'd Steal whatever the intruder has on him/her, then steal their kidney and then their lungs, and sell the body on eBay. Ultimately will burn down my house and flee the country. Its a happy ending for everyone.

Gamebot

Happened while my dad and I where both home quite a few years ago. Luckily our black lab mut was on high alert. Though never chased the intruder kept his ground. He barked and snarled like I have never heard before. When I saw the side door open I immediately got my father whom called the police. Luckily it was also winter and found out in less then 20 minutes the person who broke in.

Charges where dropped after finding out it was my best friends little brother.

What he was doing out in the cold, while snowing, in the deep snow...I guess we will never know.

F

FireflyX91

Somebody does this to me every Christmas. An old man dressed in red sneaks down the chimney. However he kindly leaves things under the tree for me, so I never bother calling the police.

G

Guest User

Luckily our black lab mut was on high alert. Though never chased the intruder kept his ground. He barked and snarled like I have never heard before.
this happened with my late german shepard/chow chow mix once too. we lived in military housing and this dude who used to live in our house decided it was totally not weird to walk in through our front door (we had the screen door closed and unlocked, but the front door open) just to see the place he grew up in again.

my dog didn't bite or anything, but he did back the guy into a corner and stand on his hind legs with his front paws on the dude's chest, staring and snarling they guy down until he heard us tell him to back down. pretty professional, for a dog that had exactly zero training! (well, that's not true. we taught him to shake hands.)
gotta appreciate a dog with the courage to protect you when you need it most.

still have no idea why the guy didn't just knock, but whatever.

Gamebot

still have no idea why the guy didn't just knock, but whatever.
Odd indeed. Perhaps a robbery gone bad? I know the dog saved the day. At least you were home. Who knows what it may have looked like had you not been there and then came back. It could have been a bloody mess...literally.

My grandmother had a German Shepard named star. (Short for Victoria Star). Extremely intelligent. Star only needed to know that my grandma was ok with you. Otherwise EXTREMELY protective. If a car came down the long driveway she let everyone know. People in the front yard she let everyone know. Two Rabbit's or Squirl's fighting in the front yard, yes she would let you know.

Roa

Pull the already chambered compact from my wasteband/desk and proceed to fill him with hollow points if he does anything short of running out the door with empty hands up.

T

Tyler Logsdon

I'd be surprised if anyone could get in..
A dog sleeps at each entrance(outside), one inside, and we have shotguns, rifles, and handguns. I also keep a knife under my bed.

G

Guest User

Odd indeed. Perhaps a robbery gone bad? I know the dog saved the day. At least you were home. Who knows what it may have looked like had you not been there and then came back. It could have been a bloody mess...literally.
hard to say. the guy stayed awhile and had a chat about the house, his time living there, and so on...he was like 15 iirc and didn't seem to be going anywhere in a hurry so it's possible he just had a serious lack of common sense. regardless, he left without further incident and never came back.

we have a german shepard now as well. they're such good poopoos, though mine is more a goofball than a guard dog. :p

A

AnonyMouse

Seriously it depends on the laws... at some degree. Just look at the laws in the country related to this case and you learn a lot for that country. Here the law protects the intruder and when something bad happens - and usually it happens - raping and killing old women and men in villages - then it becomes clear that the intruders are recidivists with 20-40 hanging cases and few years in the prison. Until the next time. Usually released shortly because pain in the teeth or headache and some other reasons. Usually about 8-10 villages have one police officer and his car is out of order or he has no fuel.
There was a case before about 2 decades when an old man was plundered many times, he was pure and was growing vegetables for leaving but some people around (gypsies) regularly steal everything and he put some kind of selfmade antipersonnel mine in his yard which later exploded in intruders hand and teared some fingers. I dont know what happened later but I am sure nothing good for him.
Another man prepared selfmade gun and shot one of 3 intruders in the leg, no serious damage but they run away as from the hell and later it become clear they are relatives to some of the rulers. Usually most people hate guns here, they were taught to do so, because, imagine, if they have guns and the rights to use them, what will happen, someone's cousin could be shot! The same is happening on the road, in malls, etc. In my home city close to the place I lived many years was built a mall and once its guards beat to death a man because he was poor and only walking arround. Actually he was ill after an accident during his work and invalid, poor but taking care for his old mother. The security beat him and he was running but they catch him when he tried to hide in a room and hit him with fire extinguisher. He managed to escape and die in the mall and the news declared he suffered a hearth attack. Later it become clear what happened (they even filmed it), most of the killers are in the prison for not so much years but it also become clear that this war regular practice and many peoples were beaten and when the police came they start hugging with the security.

Z

zendraw

id keep my meditation and observe, maybe will get enlightened by teh robbery...

Status
Not open for further replies.