Design choose the best title

jazzzar

Hello guys , first off , yeah i'm so sorry for asking a lot about design and such , i really can't choose when it comes to this , and some of the members of this forum are just awesome and creative and they just come up with awesome things , now for those who don't know , the game is somehow dark & sad themed, can you choose me the best title ? leave feedback and i'll choose based on that :
@jackhigh24 Design :

this thing kinda fits greatly because of the way he put the vines in there (those vines are used in my actual levels for decor..
@Yal design :

and this is very cool too , as it looks just like a font i was using (but run into license problems)
So guys please i'm really lost, which one to choose ? :(

J

jackhigh24

well i like them both but feel yal's would work better for a more explosive type of game as it reminds me of of some kind of destruction, so i would have to say the first one as its deferentially fits the game style and even seems to fit that title page well as its background has a look that blends with it.

jazzzar

well i like them both but feel yal's would work better for a more explosive type of game as it reminds me of of some kind of destruction, so i would have to say the first one as its deferentially fits the game style and even seems to fit that title page well as its background has a look that blends with it.
yep, exactly, would love to hear more feedback ;)

RangerX

I like when designs actually mean something. So they fill right into place making sense. Both those titlescreens are awesome between. I would chose one over the other for non-artistic reasons such as:

- Do you actually use alot of wooden textures or textures like that grey background in the game? If yes, jack design shall wins. Its cool when the titlescreen represents somehow stuff will see in the game.
- Is the game having explosions? I mean, is it happening in the game to a point where an explosive looking titlescreen would make sense? If yes, Yal's design wins.

NeoShade

As others have said, it's hard to choose between these without knowing what the actual game looks like. The title needs to represent the game, and if it doesn't then it's going to feel off.

That said, if you haven't got a design aesthetic in mind yet and the title screen just happens to be where you're starting, then I'll say this: Yal's design is immediately more appealing to me. Others may not feel the same, but if I saw two boxes on the shelf, I'd gravitate more towards Yal's.

jazzzar

I like when designs actually mean something. So they fill right into place making sense. Both those titlescreens are awesome between. I would chose one over the other for non-artistic reasons such as:

- Do you actually use alot of wooden textures or textures like that grey background in the game? If yes, jack design shall wins. Its cool when the titlescreen represents somehow stuff will see in the game.
- Is the game having explosions? I mean, is it happening in the game to a point where an explosive looking titlescreen would make sense? If yes, Yal's design wins.
then jack's one is what i'll go for as it has those black vines, that you can actually see in the game itself
As others have said, it's hard to choose between these without knowing what the actual game looks like. The title needs to represent the game, and if it doesn't then it's going to feel off.

That said, if you haven't got a design aesthetic in mind yet and the title screen just happens to be where you're starting, then I'll say this: Yal's design is immediately more appealing to me. Others may not feel the same, but if I saw two boxes on the shelf, I'd gravitate more towards Yal's.
yeah, i know how the game feels, it has those black vines that are in jack's design, so i think i'll go with it

Z

zendraw

i think if you let us play a bit of the game well give you better suggestions

A

Aura

I'd rather go with the feel of the game instead choosing one on the basis of what appears in the game. If the game is a sad one, I'd go with Yal's design (where did she design it, btw?) because the letters are tightly packed together; symbolic of sadness and insecurity. Plus it is distorted at the outlines and peppered with spots; symbolic of confused and destructive state of mind. You could improve it by making the text style consistent; make the options similar to the logo in terms of style.​

jazzzar

I'd rather go with the feel of the game instead choosing one on the basis of what appears in the game. If the game is a sad one, I'd go with Yal's design (where did she design it, btw?) because the letters are tightly packed together; symbolic of sadness and insecurity. Plus it is distorted at the outlines and peppered with spots; symbolic of confused and destructive state of mind. You could improve it by making the text style consistent; make the options similar to the logo in terms of style.​
everyone says something different :( , hell i'll see what i will use than thanks guysss

Lumenflower

Yellow Dog
I prefer the second one but for me it's more to do with the fact that your main title matches your menu options better. The first example looks a bit odd because the menu options are serifed while your main title is not. However in the second image, both sets of text are serifed so the whole screen looks more pleasing. I think the first image would have much more credibility if you redesigned the menu options to better match the main title.

jazzzar

second one looks more creepy.
frst one looks like horror fairy tale
I prefer the second one but for me it's more to do with the fact that your main title matches your menu options better. The first example looks a bit odd because the menu options are serifed while your main title is not. However in the second image, both sets of text are serifed so the whole screen looks more pleasing. I think the first image would have much more credibility if you redesigned the menu options to better match the main title.
thanks for the feedback guys :)