• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Introduce Yourself

B

Beastly_Studios

Username: Beastly Studios
Old GMC Username: Bwarg?
Other usernames from past and present: Nerf!

Name: Andy
Where you're from: Austin, TX
How long you've been using Game Maker: Four to five months
Any cool games you've made: Sadly, no.
Personality Type: Struggling ambivert

Other things about yourself: I'm quite the morbid fellow. I love the mind. I don't know what reality is.

L

LucaWebProject

Hello everyone im Italian, I speak little English and I am looking to buy game makers, I hope to find myself with you;).

F

FrostedSentry

Greetings everyone! David here from Wichita, KS.

I've been building games off/on since 2005. After a few misfires, I began focusing on consulting while looking for an idea worth pursuing.

These days I bounce between Unreal and Game Maker, with GM being a new addition to the toolset in an effort to make it easier to whip up ideas.

Happy to be here! Feel free to ping if you're interested in collaborating with a design/product/developer type!

D

dj117

Name: DJ
Where you're from: Memphis, TN
How long you've been using Game Maker: Not long
Any cool games you've made: I have an old gamedev blog from my time in college. Multimedia Fusion and Unity game prototypes -> wayofthejones.blogspot.com
Personality Type: idk?

Other things about yourself: I play sax, work in IT, working to have some more gamedev in my life again

U

UnknownDevil666

Hi, everyone! You can call me Jerry, and I'm from northeastern US. I have a year or two of on and off experience with GMS/GMS2, and haven't really made any fully fledged games myself, just some demos/prototypes here and there.

I decided to go ahead and join the forums for a couple of reasons: in the hopes of learning from more experienced developers, having a place to receive critical feedback of my work, and simply to become part of a community.

My key skill is programming and my anti-skill is art, although I make do with what I have. In terms of game design, I haven't had much opportunity to implement such techniques, but I do believe I have a good grasp of fundamental game design principles.

I do view the gaming medium as a powerful art-form, and I wish to create games that are intricately designed, mechanically unique, and thought-provoking in its content. Too bad I can't do that yet... :p

That's pretty much it for me. I hope to see you around the forums! :)

B

Brainworm

Username: Brainworm

Name:
Jonas
Where you're from: Germany
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 hours :D
Personality Type: Protagonist (ENFJ-t)
Other things about yourself:
I like cats, bats and sharks :)

A

aknozorm

Username: aknozorm Age: 25 Location: Poland
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since gm6 (back in 2005). I've left GM by the launch of gm8, returned to GMS1.4 with the first edition of "humble bundle game maker". Still learning the ropes :)
Other things about yourself: Former user of Polish GMC back in 2005 (gmclan).

N

Neon Gear Games

Where you're from: the newest of yorks
How long you've been using Game Maker: a few months
Any cool games you've made: working on it
Personality Type: a bagel

Other things about yourself: started messing around with games years ago as a youth (godbless RM2K), focused more on pixel art than coding, eventually focused on a career in art and music, now giving the gamedev thing a serious go.

M

Mahdarah

Username: Mahdarah
Name: Max Becker
Where you're from: America
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 year
Any cool games you've made: Not yet, just been learning how to use GMS
Personality Type: INTP

N

Noblezim711

Hello, I'm Josh (AKA Noblezim711). I'm a long time user. My first version was 1.3. I don't believe any of my games are still available as I haven't released a game maker game in some time. I picked it up again a few years ago, and hope to release a new game sometime. I have spent a lot of money over the years buying licenses, and never releasing games. I hope to stop that with GMS:2

E

eggomilk

Username: eggomilk
Old GMC Username: /
Other usernames from past and present: eggomilk again

Name: Koi
Where you're from: EU
How long you've been using Game Maker: not long, only a couple months I think?
Any cool games you've made: none yet!
Personality Type: INFP-A

Other things about yourself: hmm I really like Nintendo?? and food and sleeping, and I procrastinate a lot

C

cmata

Hi there!

Username:
cmata

Name: Cristóbal Mata
Where you're from: Jaén, Spain
How long you've been using Game Maker: 10+ years
Any cool games you've made: Stories of Bethem: Full Moon (Steam and Xbox One), Dunpets Colors (iOS, Android, PC), Dungeon Pets (Android, iOS)
Personality Type: ENFP-A

Other things about yourself: I love RPGs and game development!

I

IceyPinkLemons

Username: IceyPinkLemons
Old GMC Username: I think it was NezzyDilophosaurus?
Where you're from: Where Toto and Dorothy were.
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since I was 12 I think, but more on and off than regular use of the program.
Any cool games you've made: I'm working on a simple brick breaker game right now to get back into the feel of making games called Raging DinoBreak, but I have dabbled before in trying to make Pokemon-ish games, RPGs, and platformers. Unsuccessfully. One time I made a game called Pokemon Lava version and uploaded it to a site and got lots and lots of bad reviews because it was so bad, so that's a thing.
Personality Type: I(S/N)TP

Hi, I love making pixel art and have always had a keen desire to construct a video game using my own pixel and make my way in the world doing so. I've been making art for as long as I can rememeber, and I like to think that I have a decent amount of experience in the field. My passion is really retro looking games, because I love the simplistic look and feel and sound of games like that and they're what I grew up on. I want to bring that sense of nostalgia into the world and have people feel as if they're really playing a classic style game like that. Also here's a sprite I made. c:

Attachments

I

IngoLingo

Username: IngoLingo
Other usernames from past and present:

Name: Nathan E
Where you're from: USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: Ever since 2007
Any cool games you've made: Kolossé, It's like Pokemon mixed with Super Mario Bros and Street Fighter, with a pinch of Undertale. Look it up on GameJolt
https://gamejolt.com/games/Kolosse/291280

Personality Type: Analytical

Other things about yourself: I am a Ravenclaw, Scorpio, Rooster, Waterbender, who's favorit starter is Squirtle.

T

TheRabidTomato

Username: TheRabidTomato (don't judge!)
Old GMC Username: runningcouger (don't judge!)
Other usernames from past and present: Too many.

Name: Nate.

Where you're from: Ohio, but I've recently moved to Indiana
How long you've been using Game Maker: Well, its been a 10 year hiatus, but pre 2007? about 5 years.
Any cool games you've made: ah haaa, I think one was called Green Gardens (garden sim) and Whirl-pool (underwater billiards game) and many many projects that never came to fruition. That was many moons ago...

Personality Type: Logician! That was fun, and it explains a lot.

Other things about yourself: Ummm just gotta say...dang, Game Maker has changed...it's good though. I was actually getting into coding before I left but now the interface is different and confusing...I feel like a noob all over again...I wanna give it another jab but it's going to take some time getting use to this...

S

Sebastian

Username: shabbzy
Old GMC Username: N/A
Other usernames from past and present: sebbie

Name: Sebastian
Where you're from: London
How long you've been using Game Maker: Never used it before.
Any cool games you've made: Not yet ;)
Personality Type: INTJ

Other things about yourself: I'm new to making games however, I have 7 years of Digital & Graphic Design behind me to help. I hope everyone in the community can help me :)

N

nluiso

I have been trying to make the standard windows executable but the compiler fails to make the application. I have made an executable of this game before, but I am now finished with the game and want to export the latest version. I have changed file names and locations. I do not know what else to do. Can anyone help me with this?

J

Jlee011690

Username: jlee011690
Old GMC Username: -
Other usernames from past and present:-

Name: James
Where you're from: Australia
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 week!
Any cool games you've made: getting there
Personality Type: Outgoing, fast learner.
Other things about yourself: corporate life. love games and meeting new people

N

nluiso

I am looking to purchase the HTML5 exporter, but I don't know how it works or how I would use the files on my website. Does anyone in this thread know how to do it?

R

ratchet457l

Hey, I'm ratchet457l. I'm literally ratchet457l in everything I have so yeah. I've been using game maker for about a month now since its a unit in my computer science class. I'm 15, and really bad at completing assignments in time.

P

Pertej

Username: Pertej
Old GMC Username: None
Other usernames from past and present: None

Name: Glenn
Where you're from: Dis
How long you've been using Game Maker: Maybe since 2015
Any cool games you've made: I'm working on something that I want to be like a Nintendo Game that Nintendo doesn't want to make, like Doom 4.
Personality Type: ???

Other things about yourself: I play vintage video games, watch cartoons and listen to music.

Psycho_666

Hey.
My name is Peter, but whenever it's free I use Psycho_666 as username.
I am 31 complete enthusiast of GM from Bulgaria (eastern Europe). I have been toying with GM since 8.0 back in the day simply for my own pleasure. I haven't completed any projects. Yet. Honestly I don't expect to. I still just use the GM Studio just for pleasure and to keep my skills sharp.
Other than that I am heavy hardware enthusiast, amateur YouTuber, lover of quality food, coffee and drinks. That's why I'm fat :D
Currently working on crazy ambitious pet project: a world sandbox, where you are a king and rely on your Knights, priests, spies, etc to do what you tell them to do.
So there. Hope we will have a nice time together here...

G

Gustavo Purificação

Hi!

My name is Gustavo, I'm 36 years old and I'm a professional composer for games.
I live in Sao Paulo - Brazil, and I've been using Game Maker for a month.
I'm a beginner, but I've been praticing Game Maker a lot every day. I hope I can learn a lot here.

F

fridai

Username: fridai
Other usernames from past and present: Strażnik Bucyfał

Where you're from: Poland

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wunjo

Username: Wunjo
Other usernames from past and present: N/A
Name: N/A
Where you're from: N/A
How long you've been using Game Maker: 10 Years
Any cool games you've made: In development
Personality Type: INFJ

A

aaronjefferson

I am a worker from a China sourcing agent,I like games,especially online games.

C

ChampionChains

Username: ChampionChains

Name: Jeff
Where you're from: Georgia
How long you've been using Game Maker: Only about a month
Any cool games you've made: Currently working on a Metroidvania project
Personality Type: Laid back

Other things about yourself: Classified

FelixPix

Hello everybody ~

Username: FelixPix

Name: Tony mull
Where you're from: Portland Oregon, US
How long you've been using Game Maker: About three years.
Any cool games you've made: Only stuff I've never released :p
Personality Type: Depends on whether I've eaten food recently

I've been working on a tactical RPG using GM for about two years now and thought I might as well start spreading the word :) I spend most of my free time working on it and hanging out with my GF and our 2 year old dog. I'll start posting stuff about it soon enough so feel free to check it out and ask questions!

- Felix

F

FireflyX91

Name: Tom
Where you're from:
Stockton, UK
How long you've been using Game Maker:
Since GM 6
Any cool games you've made: A few basic things when I was a teenager but nothing special
Personality:
Passive Aggressive

Just thought I'd introduce myself since I just purchased GMS2. I did so with the intent of getting back into developing games using a program that I havn't used for about a decade, back when Mark Overmars released GM 6 on gamemaker.nl

Apart from game development I also have an interest in web development and have dedicated much of my time to creating Web database applications in PHP/MySQL. The only interest I have away from the computer is getting stupidly drunk :)

Looking forward to being a part of the Gamemaker community again!

Calvert

Username: Calvert

Where you're from:
Nashville, TN
On/Off for ??? Days/Years
Any cool games you've made:
Working on my first.
Personality Type:
Entrepreneur

I own Gamemaker Studio 1.4

I will be here quite a lot while I'm working on my games, thought I would make a short introduction!

E

elnino

Old GMC Username: elnino
Other usernames from past and present: Nope. Just nvrogers

Name: Nate
Where's you're from: 'Merica
How long you've been using Game Maker: Ummmm... A while?
Any cool games you've made: (too lazy to link) 6500 ft, Devil's Symphony, Daughter
Personality Type: Robot

C

CodingAlpaca

Username: CodingAlpaca

I was active on the Dutch Game Maker Community. Going back into gamedev as I have a lot of ideas in my head which I want to work on again.

T

TheGameDeveloper

Username: TheGameDeveloper
Old GMC Username: I just started out on this stuff :)
Other usernames from past and present: -

Name: Burak
Where you're from: Turkey
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 weeks.
Any cool games you've made: (Still in progress :))
Personality Type:
I am the kind of guy that doesn't like to communicate IRL, that makes me a great friend online (As i believe so!)
I have big dreams, making games, enjoying making them and get this to be my main job. I also want to leave this country, as it is not for my personality. The people here are really different from who i am. They do not even know the heck is Game Maker Studio and roast me saying i can't make any games and call me a dumbass.

Well, i just started out on these kinds of stuff, as i know i will enjoy them no matter what! So if you can give me some tips on what to do to start making my first ever game, i'd really enjoy that!~ I also want to have some reliable friends to support me. I really enjoy this community...

L

lienthealien

Username: Lien
Old GMC Username: LienTheAlien
Other usernames from past and present: LienTheAlien

Name:
John
Where you're from: Colombia
2 or so years now
Any cool games you've made: Only mockups still learning

L

Lacroix

Username: Lacroix
Name:
Rich Lacroix
Where you're from: Florida
How long you've been using Game Maker: 0 Years

N

nkedstewie

Username: NkedStewie
Old GMC Username: Cronus

Name: Daniel
Where you're from: United States, Indiana
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since 2009
Any cool games you've made: None
Personality Type: Hyper @hole with a Heart

Other things about yourself: Really like to code, just never have had time to go in depth with coding. Hoping to make time in the future to do what I enjoy.

E

Evano

Username: Evano
Old GMC Username: Evano

Name:
Evan
Where you're from: New Zealand
How long you've been using Game Maker: On and off for 2 years
Other things about yourself: An old composer back to do more work on video games :D

X

xesphoj721

I'm a GM noob observer, but it's still nice to be here.

I've done a bunch of arty stuff, but haven't fused that into a video game until now, and it ain't going so well. Wish me luck.

S

supmarf

Username: Supmarf
Name: Murphy
Where you're from: United States
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 Year (unless you count the OLD OLD game maker)
Any cool games you've made: None worth mentioning
Personality Type: Pizza

Other things about yourself: I run a small recording studio, and compose music on the side. I also do 2d/3d art and animation, though very rarely these days. I have a background as a web-developer so i'm handy with javascript and what-have-you. I hope to make some games early next year. Until then, I plan on networking and collaborating/contributing free content to others' projects when I can.

C

caustique

Username: caustique
Name: Kal
Where are you from: the far east
How long you've been using GM: fairly recently
Any cool games you've made: none, yet...

jus here to say hi! so.. hi!

J

JoselaiaroW

Username: JoselaiaroW
Other usernames from past and present: Paramore, Spidermore.

Name: Jose.
Where you're from: Spain.
How long you've been using Game Maker: Like 1 year.
Games I'm working in: "Retrospective".

Personality Type: Introvert, Positive.
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

B

BloodyHeartland

BloodyHeartland here, named for a character from one of my favorite games. Underdogs like Suda51, Yoko Taro, and especially Swery for being so down to earth and taking the time to follow fans, all have inspired me to try and create my own games and tell my own stories for others to grasp their own meanings from. Had spent some time with GM5 and later 8 but it was only ever just a hobby, and now at 26 just doing part time maintenance work, my dreams of working on games had been gone, but more recently I've found my second wind. Not banking on being successful, but I figure that it will be worth it if at least someone can enjoy my work.

P

PocketMystic

Hello! I'm PocketMystic, and I'm a 25 year old game designer. I've dabbled in multiple forms of games from tabletop to video games, and I'm currently working on a project with a team of other developers.

I'm passionate about retro games, and some of my favorites are Dragon Quest, The Legend of Zelda, the gameboy series of Pokemon games, and a lot of other old NES, SNES, Sega Genisis, and GameBoy stuff.

I hope that we all get along!

L

linny

Username: linny
Name: Linus
Where you're from: Sweden
How long you've been using Game Maker: Have never used it hehe
Any cool games you've made: Nope
Personality Type: epyT ytilanosreP

Other things about yourself: I'm a musician and composer looking to make music for people, I want to improve my music so please let me know if you need some music in your game!

G

george_a3iristos

Hello!
User name: A3iristos (means "Unshaved" in greek)
Name: George
Where are you from: Greece
Team: Rubik's Curse

About me: I've been using Game Maker since GM 7 release and I loved the idea of making your own games.
I'm a (GML) programmer and I've released some games at the old game maker forum (Sandbox no loger exists :().
Also,Music is another way to expres myself. I'm a Music Producer, Beatmaker & Composer.