• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Black Bars

L

LaughingCow

When ever my game starts in full screen mode I get big black bars on both sides. How do I remove these. I'm using GMS 2 btw.

S

Silver_Mantis

The black bars are usually because of the scale you have your game at. If it doesn't fit perfectly, the pixels will distort or black bars will form around the edges.
Maybe sure that the scale you are doing for is divisible by the size of the screen you are going to display it on. Normally a viewport size of 960 x 540 works just fine for 1920 x 1080 displays

L

LaughingCow

The black bars are usually because of the scale you have your game at. If it doesn't fit perfectly, the pixels will distort or black bars will form around the edges.
Maybe sure that the scale you are doing for is divisible by the size of the screen you are going to display it on. Normally a viewport size of 960 x 540 works just fine for 1920 x 1080 displays
How do you resize the game so there is no black spaces around it?