• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Opinion FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Hello there, forumgoers, apples, pears, men, women, administrators, moderators, comedians and my gf YAL.
In this topic, we will discuss anything that is related to food, this will be an open discussion about anything that has to do with food, in this topic, you can just make a single post stating an unrelated opinion, or have an ongoing discussion.
Here's some ideas of what you might post:
What's your favourite dish/food?
What's your favourite types of food?
What food do you HATE!!
What's your favourite brands of any type of food?
Say how much your tastes are different from a previous post.
You can post a picture of something you made.
Recommend a recipe, or a restaurant dish of any country.
Opinions and ideas of chemicals in food.
Do you have an intolerance or allergy? Does that make you sad?
What's you're favourite McDonalds burger?
And we could go on...

DA RULEZ:
All pictures must be in spoilers.
No carrots allowed
You must spell "cheeseburger" as "CHEEZBURGER"

I'll just start by answering the first three questions, I have two favourite dishes, pizza, and fries with CHEEZBURGER. My favourite types of food are sweet fruits, chips, non-sour candy, chocolate, and burger/meat snacks. And I don't like warm vedgetabels (cold are ok) and fish, and I HATE CARROTS!!!

And here's a picture of a beautiful kebab durum menu, mmm!!!

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
I'm a bit of a sucker for fast food. I wouldn't eat it every day, but I love an occasional trip to Burger King.

Other than that, I really like Tex-Mex and Italian foods. Enchiladas are some of my favorites, and I also love good ravioli.

On the subject of food I dislike; eggs. They make a lot of food taste better, but alone they taste awful. I can't manage to understand how anyone can like those things.

G

Guest User

Also, Canta, you might wanna lay off the exclamation marks a tad

Roa

I'm a huge fan of strombolies, or namely anything with meat and cheese with crust. I eat a pretty bad diet all around though. If I wasn't so deathly sick all the time, I would be fat.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I adore cooking, and in my house it's me that makes breakfast, lunch and dinner! My favourite food would be a curry and I make a mean Chicken Tikka Masala (and PROPERLY too... with the spices and yogurt etc... not from a jar!). I also love lasaña, pizza and CHEEZBURGER. I used to eat pretty badly, but since I started to live in Spain I've found a new appreciation for things like lentils and chickpeas and I'm eating more salads in general.

Actually, I eat a hell of a lot better now than I used to!

One thing I have never been able to eat is any kind of sea food. No matter what it is, from octopus, to cod, to mussels, I just can't stand it and even the smell of anything fish/seafood is enough to make me feel sick...

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
One thing I have never been able to eat is any kind of sea food. No matter what it is, from octopus, to cod, to mussels, I just can't stand it and even the smell of anything fish/seafood is enough to make me feel sick...
Same. Made it difficult in Spain when everyone was served paella. I don't mind tuna for some reason though.

Kepons

Lost The Bet
I'm not a sophisticated critic at all when it comes to food. I often hear people compare foodstuffs and just think "what's the difference, it's all tasty and that's it". So I'll eat almost anything that's intended to be eaten and doesn't taste horrible as much as I see fit because my main reason for eating is keeping my stomach content.

M

Misu

You should all try a Piruli. Its a deep fried corn wrap filled with seasoned beef and bits of hotdog and jalapeño.

2Create

I eat mostly vegetarian. I'm not vegetarian, though. My policy comes down to not buying and preparing meat for my own consumption that comes from animals bred for their meat.
This means I can eat game and most kinds of fish. I can also just eat meat in general provided that it's not specifically meant for me. Of course, I will take a vegetarian option when available.

My reasoning behind this is that pouring agricultural products into animals to get food out of them is very inefficient, so I try not to eat animal products that involve our agriculture to keep them fed. If more people would make that decision, it would mean carbon emission decreases. Wild animals, although they contribute to carbon emission in the same manner, are beyond our control. No matter how many vegetarians there are, the amount of wild animals contributing to carbon emission would not change.

If people have already bought meat for a meal I attend, it doesn't matter much whether I eat it or not. It's already had its environmental impact. Someone will eat it, and if no one does, it will get thrown away which is even more of a waste. It's already sold, too, which means the impact on demand has already been made too, which means more meat will be produced in its place.

In other words, I try to keep our agriculture from producing for anything other than ourselves, to ensure minimum environmental impact.

Of course, this is all rather idealistic. A more realistic outcome of everyone going on this kind of diet would probably be meat prices plummeting in the short term, before anyone even realises we're producing too much. Still, it's my hope to see a decline in meat production someday.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
That's so beautiful and amazing 2Create, that's such a perfect way of thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could do that too, but vedgetabels are so yucky and I don't like fish.......

G

Guest User

That's so beautiful and amazing 2Create, that's such a perfect way of thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could do that too, but vedgetabels are so yucky and I don't like fish.......
Vegetables are yucky?

Unlike general stereotypes, vegetarians don't eat straight lettuce and broccoli. I often have stuff like pasta, pancakes, tomato+cheese pizza, toast.

2Create

I love lettuce and broccoli. Just for breakfast, I ate wheat noodles, broccoli and tofu. It's a great combination and only takes a few minutes to prepare.

M

MikeDark_x

Everyone here has good thought It's so unfortunate some of us are meat lovers... *whistles*

Well what can I say, I just love the taste of meat and don't think I could live without it... My favorite dish is Lasagna, and even thought every now and then I do eat some vegetable based food that has no meat I don't think I could live on a full vegetarian diet

CHEEZBURGERS are great by the way (although not as good as homemade burgers) , I love orange & carrots juice, and I think I can cook fairly well, I should also mention that I hate how tofu tastes

F

fxokz

I still find the whole vegetarian/vegan idea dumb lol. Idk why.

Lumenflower

Yellow Dog
Splurged recently and bought some python meat which was very interesting. I've heard it described as tasting like 'a chicken which has eaten a fish' and I can definitely see where that's coming from. Any adventurous eaters in the UK might be interested in this website.

im telling you guys if you ever have the oppertunity to get yak momos, please do it.

i spent a good part of my childhood living off those things, their is nothing like eatting momos while getting smacked in the face from the mist rushing up a mountain side in the morning. :)

D

Destroy

Food? I'll be a happy bat if you give me a fresh cucumber, or few tomatoes, or some peas, bell pepper or I dunno what... Fresh vegetables aside from carrots :p

Spicy stuff and pizza follow.

G

gibberingmouther

beer

edit: also fried hot and sweet peanut tofu. when i'm less drunk i will edit this with the recipe

still drunk on a combo of beer and psych meds, but will give you the golden recipe anyway; you'll have to figure out the proportions yourself, 'tis not hard:
tofu; first remove the liquid by pressing over paper towels or dry frying; then fry in oil
peanut butter
soy sauce
brown sugar
korean chile garlic sauce or substitute similar
apple cider vinegar or similar

mix the sauce separate from the tofu, then after you have dehydrated the tofu and fried it, put it back in a hot skillet and pour the sauce over it. mix it a bit and let it cool - you're ready to eat!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gibberingmouther

That doesn't sound like a good combo...
probably not. i just had some of that tofu for dinner, was great. tofu and beer, protein and carbs, not so great because the alcohol increasing your estrogen and the tofu having phytoestrogens in it.... meh. my beard will lose hairs.