• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

App Develop Question

G

gamemakermike

Hi everyone I hope this is the right place to post my question. This looked like the right place to post.
I want to make games and submit them to Apple,I dont know anything about App development. I have a Windows 10 PC Laptop,I dont know anything about X-Code I do have GameMaker Pro I got it from the Humble Bundle the one they had recently to upgrade to Pro,I believe its version 1.4 it came with some plug ins one of them is for IOS. I was wondering should I get the app developer subscription even though I dont have a Mac, does apple have anything for app development for windows computers. I am new to coding and making games I have no idea what to do or where to look other than here. I have joined some groups on facebook for retro game makers and some other ones but no one really talks on there other than posting their own games for other people to check out. I want to eventually have games in both googleplay and the apple app store. Once I have something worthy of being submitted I have trouble with making my games into executable files. My last question is should I join the apple forums I tried looking there and didnt get any answers,Ill keep looking but any help is appreciated I dont know what to do, I just want to make games and get something done and get them in the app store I seen alot of games in both stores and I know if they can get accepted I know I could to. Thanks everyone

F

Falconsoft-Industries

You would need to get a certificate from Apple before releasing your App/game which requires a Mac computer so yeah you need a Mac if you’re looking to publish towards iOS. Best of luck ;)

G

gamemakermike

Hi Falcon thanks for the answer, does the mac computer come with x code, how would i go about getting a license from apple before releasing my game,is that the paid license for a year.I also want to publish for android too.