• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.1.2.257

rIKmAN

Every time I try to use GMS 2, I encounter a new showstopping bug. I've tried doing complete uninstall / reinstalls, which usually help for a little while, then something else breaks. This time, the IDE is hanging forever when I try to create a new project from the Start page.

It's very frustrating - I was excited to learn GM and create cool things, but it's just not usable. I don't think I've ever used such a bug-ridden piece of software in my 25 years of experience. It's a shame because if it worked, GMS2 would be a truly amazing tool. But I just can't use it or recommend it to anyone in its current state. Thanks for reading.
Have a look at your ui.log and see what it's getting hung up on?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
What is the ticket number (or bug number) that you had and I will take a look - thanks for submitting a bug report - if you want you can PM me rather than talking about it in public (I don't mind up to you)

Russell

S

Steven Brent

What is the ticket number (or bug number) that you had and I will take a look - thanks for submitting a bug report - if you want you can PM me rather than talking about it in public (I don't mind up to you)

Russell
Hi -- I don't know the bug number as there's no option (unless I've missed it) to view my tickets from the Accounts section and I don't seem to have a login to the Mantis tracker. Thanks, Steven

L

LCArt

Hi, i cant create any new project in this version, older projects work, but new ones, even if its empty, makes game maker give me an assembly error. Making me unable to test anything :\ anyone knows how to download a previous version or if they are going to fix this soon? im on w10, surface pro 2.

E

Edmanbosch

Am I the only one having this problem with code folding?

It bothers me so much.

Hyomoto

The visualization of inherited events is an interesting addition and one I appreciate. It seems like the system works the way it did before, but now when you "inherit" an event it will include 'event_inherited()', and override does not. Very small boon, but certainly fine. That said, what does the icon represent? The ghost has three circles, and the override/inherit has two circles and an x? It's nice having that icon to let you know this object is inheriting an event, but I'm just wondering what the visual language is supposed to indicate besides the existence of inheritance. Not because it must or anything, but it's odd to have the two icons since they both seem to indicate roughly the same idea.

EDIT: Oh, and did I mention how ecstatic I was that you guys reverted/fixed/changed the home/end keys to respond normally/abnormally again! I tried to get used to the previous method but at least a dozen times an hour I would accidentally hit it and end up at the bottom of my code page. This is a small thing, but I prefer the current handling and thank you guys for putting it back!

E

Edmanbosch

Yeah, not seeing the issue - can you describe it?
When the region is open the side line overlaps with the "minus" button for closing a region. This makes it look like a plus sign.