• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Hype TV (Runner) - Alpha

E

elkranio

Hype TV is a finite runner with handcrafted levels (think BIT.TRIP RUNNER).

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/omsw4x94w3cygtb/TVRunner.zip
You play as an (unwilling) contestant in some kind of a Running Man tv show where you need to run (duh) in order to survive.

Notes:
  • This is an alpha, so expect raw/placeholder-ish stuff like death anim.
  • Only first 12 levels (desert setting) are somewhat polished, the rest are still very raw.

Controls:

Up arrow: Jump
Down arrow: Slide
Right arrow: Hit

You can also use gamepad (I prefer it over the keyboard):
D-pad up or (A) button: Jump
D-pad down: Slide
D-pad right or (B) button: Hit

Debug controls:
F2 to load next level
F5 to restart from last checkpoint

S

Sir KirbyThe4th

I messed around with the numb-pad & changed the speed of everything with it... also disable dying. The jumping is kinda stiff where you have to hold it down a long time in order to reach the max height, & yeh, it adds a lot of precision, but the speed of the running just doesn't match the slow jump arc. Also the screen is kinda a bit too zoomed out, & it's hard to see precisely what you're doing, & if you'll either just barely die, or just barely make it. But other than that... it works, kinda generic. But not bad.

andev

That looks so good!

I have a question though, what's the point of the dangly swat guys if you can just run into them and they die?