• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Released Lemmy the Wizard (A dexterity/puzzle/platformer)

B

Brian

Pretty happy to announce that I've finished my first "real" project on game maker and have released it to itch.io in both a demo and a paid form. AAAAND I've sold my first copy!

The game is a throwback to "Lemmings" an old 90s PC game where you had to guide a bunch of little lemmings through hazardous levels by placing objects and such. In this game, you guide Lemmy the Wizard through hazardous levels by casting spells and controlling his movement speed - though he can never stop walking due to a "Lemming Curse".

Here is the first four levels being played through:

Here is a link to the itch.io site which will have a link to the demo and more screenshots if you're interested in giving it a shot!

https://burgee.itch.io/lemmy-the-wizard

Happy gaming!

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This is a neat idea for a platformer. I haven't seen these ideas used before, but I don't play many games.

The graphics and sound/music are well done. The graphical appearance reminds me of paper cut-outs. I like the way that looks. And the character's animation is nicely drawn. It all seems pleasant, with a nice color sheme too.

The gameplay is interesting, with a clear objective in each level. Although I'll admit it was painfully difficult for me to grasp at first. The instructions on the intro page referred to "bouncing platform" and "reflecting wall", and those terms didn't mean anything to me. So I couldn't figure out what to do. Fortunately, you provided the video. After watching that, I realized that the controls were a combination of mouse placement and keyboard pressing.

Still had trouble with it, though. My instincts are to click the mouse where I want the platform -- rather than just point and use the keyboard. So even after several tries, I still suck at this. But I made it through a few levels, so I'm getting the hang of it.

One thing I'd recommend is giving players the option of re-visiting the help screen, in case they forget which keys to use.

But overall, this is nicely done so far.

B

Brian

This is a neat idea for a platformer. I haven't seen these ideas used before, but I don't play many games.

The graphics and sound/music are well done. The graphical appearance reminds me of paper cut-outs. I like the way that looks. And the character's animation is nicely drawn. It all seems pleasant, with a nice color sheme too.

The gameplay is interesting, with a clear objective in each level. Although I'll admit it was painfully difficult for me to grasp at first. The instructions on the intro page referred to "bouncing platform" and "reflecting wall", and those terms didn't mean anything to me. So I couldn't figure out what to do. Fortunately, you provided the video. After watching that, I realized that the controls were a combination of mouse placement and keyboard pressing.

Still had trouble with it, though. My instincts are to click the mouse where I want the platform -- rather than just point and use the keyboard. So even after several tries, I still suck at this. But I made it through a few levels, so I'm getting the hang of it.

One thing I'd recommend is giving players the option of re-visiting the help screen, in case they forget which keys to use.

But overall, this is nicely done so far.
Thanks for checking it out :D

You can go back to the help / level select screen from the escape menu, in case you forget again what to do, I hope you continue to enjoy it!