• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [solved] Cloud saving on Android using google services makes game crash.

D

Dwojityv

[SOLVED]
I had to manually disable and enable API in Google Services/game details/ last section.

Hello!

I'm having some strangle problems. I'm trying to make cloud saving using google services.

It just doesn't want to work on my devices even though it works fine when running in bluestacks.

I can save and load when the game is installed on bluestacks but when installed on phone, game crashes.

The game crash is just: the application has stopped working - nothing specific.

I don't even have to link the code, because the game is crashing even when trying some little random code like this:

Code:
save_check = cloud_string_save("hello", "Some random string");
I'm using the GM:S 1 early-access v1.99.551. (tried even the non early-access version)

I tried this on:

Bluestacks emulator - works

Nexus 5X - doesn't work

Nexus 5 - doesn't work

Asus Zenfone1 - doesn't work

Some Lenovo phone my friend has - doesn't work

I can say it's not working on most physical devices - maybe all of them?

Did somebody had the same problem and found a fix? It's driving me crazy. I would be really happy for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:

@Jizo

I am having a same problem. How did you fix this?
"I had to manually disable and enable API in Google Services/game details/ last section."
What do you mean by that?
Thanks! :)