• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

I need someone speaking behind devlogs

OverLogic

so i need a guy that can actually speak behind the devlogs since the way i talk sounds bad and may not be understandable. if anyone is interested by doing this simple job he is included in the credits of the game i am doing (a game like clicker heroes) and he will be paid in the end of the project for just talking 4 to 5 minutes.

beli_mawrr

There are a lot of people here who have excellent voices. @Roa comes to mind, and I myself am not a bad speaker.

However, strangers who're willing to donate their time for a vague promise of eventual payment are not to be found very commonly.

Reactions: Roa

Roa

There are a lot of people here who have excellent voices. @Roa comes to mind, and I myself am not a bad speaker.

However, strangers who're willing to donate their time for a vague promise of eventual payment are not to be found very commonly.
Oh boy! lol

OverLogic

chill the person only has to talk behind a given script for like 5 minutes per week and in the end gets paid you can't ask for more i believe. and the payment won't be 50$ only.

Bingdom

Googledom
2 issues.
  • This type of topic more belongs in Collaboration
  • It's hard for a person to write you decent devlogs when they aren't taking part in the development. You'll just get a person to look at your grammar and presentation and try to extend it if they can. If you give them dot points, how much can they extend it until it sounds unrelated to the project? It's a waste of time. Get Grammarly if you're having trouble with English.

I'd say the best way to find the voice you want is to put out a sample line and see how people sound as they interpret it. There's a large variety of native English speakers here, but you'll of course want the voice that suits your needs in both pronunciation and delivery.

Grammarly
Can you not remind me of those annoying ads, please?

OverLogic

I don't get why everyone is so negative here i am just asking if anyone wants to read a text file for max 5 minutes and give the recording to me the only thing i ask is this and i will pay someone to do that once per week why is everyone acting like that i will give credit and pay and he/she will know about the development real time it is nothing serious i knew there would be criticism but i didn't think that it would be as much.

OverLogic

• It's hard for a person to write you decent devlogs when they aren't taking part in the development. You'll just get a person to look at your grammar and presentation and try to extend it if they can. If you give them dot points, how much can they extend it until it sounds unrelated to the project? It's a waste of time. Get Grammarly if you're having trouble with English.
it's not my grammar it is more of the way i speak that most of the watchers won't understand because the way i pronounce some stuff doesn't sound that good and it seems more proffessional that way.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
As this topic fulfills all the traits of a Collaborations topic apart from following the guidelines of said forum, I suggest posting a proper topic there. Your audience in Off Topic is a special breed of people that should be locked away different from the one that can be found in Collaborations, as the people there are specifically looking for work while this forum is more of a "hang out and talk to others about random stuff" type of place.

So you should prepare a presentation of your project, head over to the Collaborations forum and post your request there - you will likely have more luck finding the right people there.

Roa

it's not my grammar it is more of the way i speak that most of the watchers won't understand because the way i pronounce some stuff doesn't sound that good and it seems more proffessional that way.
I can do it if you send me the stuff..
Your audience in Off Topic is a special breed of people that should be locked away different from the one that can be found in Collaborations.
love you too @TsukaYuriko