• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

I can export games to Mac...

A

Aura

The next version of GameMaker would be cross-platform.

I have also seen a large number of people use GM:S on a Mac with the help of third party (emulation) tools. For instance, Wine:

https://www.winehq.org

AllCrimes

Awesome, good find. Thanks! It turns out I can stream Game Maker Studio to my new macbook air through steam. It opens the app on my PC and just streams the video over to here... which should also work for the short term while coding at home at least. Glad to hear this is being fixed in the next version though...

N

NPT

It doesn't make sense.
It doesn't make sense to you because you don't know the history of GameMaker Studio's development.

To those who do know the history of Studio and how it came to the point where it is now, it makes perfect sence.

I would not recommend Wine to anyone. There have been a lot of topics about using Studio under wine and none that I recall with 100% success, there is glitches in either the ide or game testing.

The accepted practise for virtually all Mac owners to develop on their Macs is either Bootcamp, or a VM (Parallels, Fusion or VirtualBox)

Mr. RPG

Awesome, good find. Thanks! It turns out I can stream Game Maker Studio to my new macbook air through steam. It opens the app on my PC and just streams the video over to here... which should also work for the short term while coding at home at least. Glad to hear this is being fixed in the next version though...
Have you considered getting Windows for your MacBook?

D

Drewster

The next version of GameMaker would be cross-platform.

I have also seen a large number of people use GM:S on a Mac with the help of third party (emulation) tools. For instance, Wine:

https://www.winehq.org
Download Parallels 11 and run Windows 10 in a window. Works really well. (except for one thing about working directory when building -- I WILL submit the bug report on this sometime).