• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Is screen_save_part function working?

C

Curial Lloses

Hello, I'm trying to take snapshot of specific part of my game and I've seen that screen_save_part should do this but it is being impossible to me to found the file supposedly saved in my computer and file_exists dowsn't found the route either. Do you know if this function is deprecated?

Any advices to take real time screenshots to use it in the game?

Thank you for any help.

Cpaz

I use this consistently for pause menus in most of my projects. (I cannot physically comprehend surfaces...)
The file is normally save in your games "working" directory (appdata, local or roaming, depending on which it's set to in game settings)

C

Curial Lloses

Arg, for what I am watching it is saving a PNG if I execute the function in a Key Event (just like it's example) but if I do it inside an STEP Event of my oGameController it don't save anything... :/ Ok, anyway, thanks for your help and I'll keep investigating how to snapshot particular game moments!

Fern

Arg, for what I am watching it is saving a PNG if I execute the function in a Key Event (just like it's example) but if I do it inside an STEP Event of my oGameController it don't save anything... :/ Ok, anyway, thanks for your help and I'll keep investigating how to snapshot particular game moments!
It don't believe it can take snap shots in the step event since it relies on what has been drawn. Step event runs before the draw event. I could be wrong though.

C

Curial Lloses

It don't believe it can take snap shots in the step event since it relies on what has been drawn. Step event runs before the draw event. I could be wrong though.
I've tried in a Create Event too and didn't worked. For some reason only takes snapshot in Key Event and not always update my snapshot. I'm going to try in a Draw End to see what happens...

C

Curial Lloses

Oooook! My mistake :p

"The selection coordinates are based on the absolute size of the display" as Yoyo docs say. So I was centering my snapshot area on my Player Y in a vertical scroller arcade and positions like Y = 11450 are totally off the window screen. The functions doesn't take snapshots if area given is off the screen.

Problem solved!