Need some upgrades.

M

Misty

Basically, I want a cloud shader that looks like this guy's avatar

I half want someone to retexture my plane...One side of me is kinda wanting it to have newstyle graphics, but I'm thinking I better wait till the sequel, kind of likin' the 1998 half-life vibe my game has got going on now...

But one thing I'm not sure I sould "wait for the sequel" is the sound....let's be honest GM studio's new_audio kind of sucks, its like 1994 audio....I'm looking for an audio that can make realistic effects to jet engines when the plane is going by the fixed camera mode, that will make my jet engine sound like real life, and when im in the cockpit it mutes the jet, and when im in fixed cam it roars by exactly like real-life.
Is FMOD what I should use or is there something better?

And finally, many years ago I bough GM Studio for 40 dollars, now they are charging me 70 for something I already bought years ago, I would like a straight answer of how to use the YYC compiler because I don't see it anywhere to be found.

And my other question is, should I keep the 1998 style it's got right now, or add a bunch of shaders that don't exist, and when they do exist, will lag up the game?

M

Misty

Thanks, but it says here "To build with the YoYoCompiler simply select the Windows (YYC) target from the drop-down menu"
and shows me no picture or example of "what" menu it is...

If I install Visual Studio will it magically appear, or do I need to buy an upgrade or something? Because I'm not spinning my wheels installing visual studio if I'm still not gonna have the YYC compiler afterwards.

Roa

Its the menu that you open to select the target platform, top task bar.

You might need to update gamemaker.

ThePC007

Thanks, but it says here "To build with the YoYoCompiler simply select the Windows (YYC) target from the drop-down menu"
and shows me no picture or example of "what" menu it is...

If I install Visual Studio will it magically appear, or do I need to buy an upgrade or something? Because I'm not spinning my wheels installing visual studio if I'm still not gonna have the YYC compiler afterwards.
You seem to like the "to spin one's wheels" idiom. :)
It should appear regardless of whether you installed VS or not. In the menu on top of the IDE window.
Here's am image I found on the internet:

The menu where it says "Target: Android" is where you'll find the YYC versions of the export modules you can choose from. Just choose "Windows YYC" and you'll be able to compile using the YoYo Compiler (if you've set it up correctly).