• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Tokyo 2048

dadio

Potato Overlord
GMC Elder
LATEST SCREENS
01.png
02.png
03.png

UPDATE!!!
With installs heading towards 500,000 on this, Jack and myself have pushed out an update.
UI improvements etc.
Looks much nicer now!
Check it out here...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brixdee.tokyo2048&hl=en

---------------------------------------

OLD SCREENS
DATGAME.png

Jack Oatley & myself made this 2048 variant a lil while back. Might as well throw it up here.
Enjoy! (^-^)b

Tokyo 2048 is the classic puzzle game of 2048 set in a period Japan setting. It has clean isometric graphics and soothing sounds, so you can relax as you play. Swipe different directions to move the tiles and create ever more exotic Japanese buildings! Try to construct the largest temple in the land!

Features:
• Clean isometric graphics.
• Soothing sounds.
• Smooth game-play.

Future:
We have a lot of ideas for updates, from more animations and effects to different themed Japanese settings. More social aspects are also planned; such as online scoreboards and achievements. So watch this space!

Download Link - Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brixdee.tokyo2048

Last edited:
S

Stillsilver

Great job guys! Easily as good as any other 2048 style game I've played. Looks professional and the style is great. I personally get bored with 2048 games after about half an hour but I feel like if there were things to unlock I would be more inclined to play longer. Like maybe if there was a level select where your goal was make a specific building(or buildings). And if you beat the level you could either move on or keep playing to try to get 2048. Anyways, great work and it sounds like you guys have lots of good ideas for the future.

M

Misty

To be honest, when people say a "2048" style game, I kind of think of any game set with futuristic style of scenery like Rush 2048...And with the name Tokyo 2048, that's kind of what I was expecting.

dadio

Potato Overlord
GMC Elder
Thanks guys, & yeah Misty that's a fair point. We had intended on adding more variant themes to it (a modern year 2048 Tokyo being one of them) but the game didn't really do so well (out ~ months now) so... not sure if variants are gonna happen now.

M

Misty

My philosophy is, make your game the best it can be on your first official release, not release the full version missing many features, then decide not to add any features because the game didn't do well, because it might have done well had you added the features.

S

Shihaisha

...but the game didn't really do so well (out ~ months now)
There are just a few thousand 2048 clones at GP that nobody cares about, so making yet another 2048 clone sounds like a perfectly valid strategy for a successful game. I wonder what could go wrong? Perhaps you should try your luck with Flappy Tokyo instead? :confused:

dadio

Potato Overlord
GMC Elder
Ya, that's (actually) da plan for next time. Haha! :D
(This was just a test to see if it was easy/possible to make any money with a minimal amount of effort in a very short timeframe off an existing popular game base).

Don't worry, I'll get around to releasing some "proper" "real" games soon enough!

T

Tirous

Cool, and it looks awesome mate.
Now all you need is an actual Japanese version. :)

東京2048

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I've never played 2048 before or know how to play, but I just wanted to leave a comment saying that you did a great job with the artwork. It's vibrant and visually appealing, yet simple and unique. Well done. :)