• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android failed to find Build Tools revision 23.3.0

T

TheMatrixHasMe

Hey guys, trying to test on my phone for the first time since the update to 1.99.493. My previous version was 1.99.420. Anyhow, I get a couple of errors. One is specifically saying something about the phone i'm testing on. Goes like so:
Code:
7.0 Error of ro.build.version.htcsdk. ro.build.chinasense=7.4.5 # end build properties # # from device/htc/htc_m8/system.prop # # #
    Compile Failed - Please check the Compile window for any additional information
That error is what appear in the pop up window. However if I scroll up slightly on the compile form I find this:
Code:
>failed to find Build Tools revision 23.3.0
Also, I noticed this:
Code:
*Try
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output
and was wondering how to do that? Specifically the stack trace, the info, and the debug option.
Anyone know the solution?
Thanks!

T

TheMatrixHasMe

Go into your Android SDK Manager and install Android SDK Build Tools.
I clicked on the sdk manager application and got a strange error message saying:
Code:
Failed to execute tools/android.bat:
The system cannon find the file specified
Which is super weird cause I was just using it early when I was trying to trouble shoot the problem. I'll have to mess with it tomorrow and likely uninstall the android tools and then re-install them. Yuck!

T

TheMatrixHasMe

Go into your Android SDK Manager and install Android SDK Build Tools.
Have you added the path to your platform tools to the system environment variable %PATH%?
I deleted the sdk folder today and downloaded the newest one and then re-inserted it. This Allowed me to access the sdk manager, something I was unable do last night and this morning again. Anyhow, I had to re-download all the platform tools. Here is a list of specifically what I downloaded.

Under Tools I have the sdk tools, platform-tools, and build-tools installed. From API 23 down to API 9 I have any sdk platform's and the google API's (just the main ones with the android symbol) I do not have any of the android 7.0 stuff installed.

Also, under my android/fire global game settings I have:
Build Tools: 23.03
Support Lib 23.1.1
target SDK 23
Min Sdk 9
Compile SDK 23

Well, It still doesn't work. Same Error.

One thing to note that may be of influence. After this update to the current GMS build, when trying to run android, I was prompted with a download for the google play licensing extension. I downloaded it and it shows in my extensions but I still get prompted to go download it every time. So something isn't right there it seems, not sure if it's of any consequence.

I don't have a lot of experience with command prompt but I assume that's what you mean on the %PATH stuff? I'll look into that though and see what kind of feedback I can get. Thanks!

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Of course failing to set the path has consequences, why else is it in the instructions?

tools/android.bat is a relative path from the root directory of the SDK installation (typically C:\Android\android-sdk, but it can vary). If that root directory isn't listed in %PATH%, the system would not include it in its search for something runnable when given a relative path as a command. Hence the "cannot find" in the error message.

And no, you don't need the command prompt to set %PATH%, anyone with admin experience in Windows knows this. Go to Control Panel => System => Advanced => Environment Variables, find the entry for PATH, then add the SDK's root directory into the semicolon-delimited list.

It drives me up a wall sometimes why people attempt development on environments that they can't administrate. System admin isn't flashy or glamorous, and it seldom comes with immediate, tangible rewards. Yet not knowing it will put you behind the eight ball time after time.

camerakid

I clicked on the sdk manager application and got a strange error message saying:
Code:
Failed to execute tools/android.bat:
The system cannon find the file specified
Which is super weird cause I was just using it early when I was trying to trouble shoot the problem. I'll have to mess with it tomorrow and likely uninstall the android tools and then re-install them. Yuck!
Hello There,

Today I got exactly the same error message so I completely had to uninstall the Android SDK folder and reinstall everything.

Before completely uninstalling everything and after reinstalling everything I am getting the same error as follows

Can anyone help what is going wrong? Thanks.

Attila

Code:
:library:compileReleaseJavaWithJavacZ:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:20: error: package org.apache.http does not exist
import org.apache.http.NameValuePair;
  ^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:21: error: package org.apache.http.client.utils does not exist
import org.apache.http.client.utils.URLEncodedUtils;
  ^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:19: error: package org.apache.http does not exist
import org.apache.http.NameValuePair;
  ^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:20: error: package org.apache.http.client.utils does not exist
import org.apache.http.client.utils.URLEncodedUtils;
  ^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:382: error: cannot find symbol
  List<NameValuePair> extraList = URLEncodedUtils.parse(rawExtras, "UTF-8");
  ^
  symbol:  class NameValuePair
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:382: error: cannot find symbol
  ^
  symbol:  variable URLEncodedUtils
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\APKExpansionPolicy.java:383: error: cannot find symbol
  for (NameValuePair item : extraList) {
  ^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:266: error: cannot find symbol
  ^
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:266: error: cannot find symbol
  ^
  symbol:  variable URLEncodedUtils
Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\ServerManagedPolicy.java:267: error: cannot find symbol
  for (NameValuePair item : extraList) {
  ^
Note: Z:\library\src\com\google\android\vending\licensing\LicenseChecker.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
10 errors
 FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':library:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED
[CODE/]

T

TheMatrixHasMe

Of course failing to set the path has consequences, why else is it in the instructions?

tools/android.bat is a relative path from the root directory of the SDK installation (typically C:\Android\android-sdk, but it can vary). If that root directory isn't listed in %PATH%, the system would not include it in its search for something runnable when given a relative path as a command. Hence the "cannot find" in the error message.

And no, you don't need the command prompt to set %PATH%, anyone with admin experience in Windows knows this. Go to Control Panel => System => Advanced => Environment Variables, find the entry for PATH, then add the SDK's root directory into the semicolon-delimited list.

It drives me up a wall sometimes why people attempt development on environments that they can't administrate. System admin isn't flashy or glamorous, and it seldom comes with immediate, tangible rewards. Yet not knowing it will put you behind the eight ball time after time.
I added that to the path like you suggested. For the record, the newest folder is C:\Android\android-sdk-windows. It still doesn't work however. Furthermore, I don't really appreciate your condescending attitude. If you're going to help me I appreciate it but not if you're going to talk down to me for lacking perfect knowledge. People don't necessarily know what they don't know. No reason to be a dick about it. Am I going to stop working on my game because I don't have perfect knowledge of windows administration? That's ridiculous.