• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Hurricane Maria wrecked me

M

Misu

I havent been active for a month and half because Hurricane Maria came around here and wrecked everything in its path. There hasnt been electricity, nor water, nor any phone service yet since the day it came to the island. Ton of businesses went down and not many markets have their stocks full. Right now very few part of places on the island finally has gotten services working and electricity up and running but where I am from hasnt got anything yet untill november or december. We still fill up buckets of water from the rain and use nearby powerplants for charging our only devices for entertainment. My father's job is temporarily down untill who-knows-when. He is currently selling washing boards in the streets to get atleast money for food.
The brightside, im alive and still holding strong. Im spending more time with my cousins and bike riding again. I will continue to stick around with the gmc but wont be so active as I use to; im using another family's internet connection atm and I cant access online all the time. Just to let you all know im fine and even things gotten hell, im slowly recovering.

I would appreciate any support from the community if its possible. Not necesarily, but if anything, it would be very appreciative.

Ihato

Thousands of people are in dire situation thanks to Harvey, Irma and Maria produced by the last hurricane season.
It's important to be patient now and not lose hope. It'll be a slow process but things should eventually go back to normal; and hopefully disasters of this scale will not happen again any time soon again.

Overloaded

The Oneirophobe
Sorry to hear what happened over there Misu... Be sure, however, that eventually everything will be back the way it was! With some patience and hard work, your life will soon go back on track :)
Glad to hear that you are alright, though! I know you can't be very active here, but try to keep us updated! :)

Roa

Do you need financial support? Could probably setup a go fundme if you have a method of withdraw if that's what you are asking.

M

Misty

Well I hope that you get back on your feet in time for the next game jam, I am looking forward to see your next entry.

G

Guest User

good to hear from you Misu, been waiting. aint much for empathy, but i hope to see you and your family back on your feet and recovered the best youll be able.

M

Misu

Thank you all. Its quite dificult indeed yet Im doing everything i can do go well.

Well I hope that you get back on your feet in time for the next game jam, I am looking forward to see your next entry.
Unfortunately i wont be participating the following two gmc jams from now. There wont be any internet for me until further notice. I cant rely on neighbors connection for everything.

M

Misty

Thank you all. Its quite dificult indeed yet Im doing everything i can do go well.

Unfortunately i wont be participating the following two gmc jams from now. There wont be any internet for me until further notice. I cant rely on neighbors connection for everything.
Okay well let me ask you this, do you still have a computer?

M

Misu

Use it to build great things, then when the time comes, leech wifi at a Mcdonalds and upload to the jam. That's what I do anyway.
Nah... If I want to participate, I would want access to wifi connection at night too. Its not gonna work out for me.

A

Andy

I am glad you're safe. Sorry to hear about the situation. :( Things will get better, stay strong Misu!