Discussion Do you guys play Games?

Coded Games

OMG uncharted 4 is the best thing i've ever seen , too sad it's only PS4 exclusive , i don't like consoles , i like mobile mobas , i have dota 2 but don't play it that much , i play vain glory (ios and android) so overwatch seems fun for me as i like FPS so what if it's combined with moba elements *-* , rocket league seems fun , but i don't like sports games haha , even if it's new and original, don't like games like hearthstone..
Uncharted 4 was really fun and it's by far the best looking game I've ever played, they just put so much detail into it. All of Naughty Dog's games are great. You should definitely try Rocket League, I'm not a fan of sports games either but there is just something about it that feels so perfect. There is pretty much no learning curve in the game (get the ball in the goal, that's about it) but an absolutely extreme skill curve. Although, even if you aren't very good at the game you still have just as much potential to make amazing plays.

M

Maxtendo

I think the better question is what games do I NOT play. :p

I have been a huge console gamer for years! I've played so many different ones, but my current favorites are Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Call of Duty: Black Ops. I'm trying to obtain all the achievements on the latter, and that goal is being accomplished slowly - veeery slowly.

jazzzar

I tend to play whatever my wallet and my computer/craptop can handle, most games I've got come from bundles. I play Castle Crashers or Minecraft to kill time with friends but when I'm not playing with friends, I like me some Crypt of the Necrodancer, Super Hexagon or whatever I can find in my Steam library.
Ah, so small games, too bad you don't have a good pc, hope you can get something good soon :p
Uncharted 4 was really fun and it's by far the best looking game I've ever played, they just put so much detail into it. All of Naughty Dog's games are great. You should definitely try Rocket League, I'm not a fan of sports games either but there is just something about it that feels so perfect. There is pretty much no learning curve in the game (get the ball in the goal, that's about it) but an absolutely extreme skill curve. Although, even if you aren't very good at the game you still have just as much potential to make amazing plays.
Yeah, naughty dog's games are absolutely amazing, i didn't play uncharted 4 but i watched the whole gameplay, and i still can't forget it's great story, it's something you will always remember, it's like a film, and maybe i'll try rocket league one day ;)

jazzzar

I think the better question is what games do I NOT play. :p

I have been a huge console gamer for years! I've played so many different ones, but my current favorites are Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Call of Duty: Black Ops. I'm trying to obtain all the achievements on the latter, and that goal is being accomplished slowly - veeery slowly.
I directly played Call of duty BO3 , never played the first two tho, nice to hear that you really like games, like me :p

G

Gedor Games

Right now I am playing Red Alert 3 and Dreamfall Chapters, I usually like RTS games, point and click games, strategy games (loved the old Civilization games) and also a lot of games from the 16 bit era like the snes games.

G

GVmG

Do you guys play games?
Nah, I totally haven't wasted the past year playing a rhythm game every day, then buying a 200€ mechanical keyboard with good switches for said game and a 100€ graphic tablet since playing with it means an easier difficulty curve for said game.

*cough cough*

In my defense, I already wanted a mech keyboard to begin with, and I can draw decently so a graphic tablet wasn't a bad idea anyway.

EDIT: also to my defense, I got rather good at the game. Not great or incredible, but getting to this rank (30k worldwide) in a single year is a bit better than average so yay!

Here's a random play because why not.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gibberingmouther

i've been grinding Oblivion to death. i'm not sure what i'll do when i run out of grinding to do. i guess i still have the witcher 2 to play, and pillars of eternity. pillars of eternity is great and i haven't played witcher 2. after i'm done with these i can't kill myself because it would destroy my parents. i'm not having any babies unless you include my video game, The City of Scales. i'm a big fan of role playing games, i could list a few but i won't, and so it's not surprising that i chose to make a role playing game. like a neverwinter nights module except anyone can play it. :D

jazzzar

Right now I am playing Red Alert 3 and Dreamfall Chapters, I usually like RTS games, point and click games, strategy games (loved the old Civilization games) and also a lot of games from the 16 bit era like the snes games.
Finished red alert 3 long ago, it's a great game, finished RA2 too and generals, i like these games too, still play generals with my friends too, don't like these 16 bit thingy, kinda too old for me :p
Nah, I totally haven't wasted the past year playing a rhythm game every day, then buying a 200€ mechanical keyboard with good switches for said game and a 100€ graphic tablet since playing with it means an easier difficulty curve for said game.

*cough cough*

In my defense, I already wanted a mech keyboard to begin with, and I can draw decently so a graphic tablet wasn't a bad idea anyway.

EDIT: also to my defense, I got rather good at the game. Not great or incredible, but getting to this rank (30k worldwide) in a single year is a bit better than average so yay!

Here's a random play because why not.
Mine gawd man, spending 300€ for a game is too much i think, but good defense you there, you'lm use this things anyway :p, thanks god i never liked this kind of games :p
i've been grinding Oblivion to death. i'm not sure what i'll do when i run out of grinding to do. i guess i still have the witcher 2 to play, and pillars of eternity. pillars of eternity is great and i haven't played witcher 2. after i'm done with these i can't kill myself because it would destroy my parents. i'm not having any babies unless you include my video game, The City of Scales. i'm a big fan of role playing games, i could list a few but i won't, and so it's not surprising that i chose to make a role playing game. like a neverwinter nights module except anyone can play it. :D
Oblivion seems cool, didn't try it yet, but seen some vids, i had witcher 3,it's a great game, i did format my lap and didn't install again, started with it so i didn't even play witcher 2 and 1 before, but i guess they're as good as 3, i will check your game btw :)

G

GVmG

Mine gawd man, spending 300€ for a game is too much i think, but good defense you there, you'lm use this things anyway :p, thanks god i never liked this kind of games :p
Against my defense, you don't need a mechanical keyboard or a graphics tablet to play. There's people who got to amazing levels with just a laptop keyboard and a crappy wireless mouse.

For example the current #4 player worldwide (nickname: AngeLMegumin) plays with a mouse and a mech keyboard. Another famous player who has been playing the game for a long time is also a great mouse player and he used to play with a rubberdome keyboard (the most average non-laptop keyboards) up to like a year ago, when he was in the top10 worldwide.

That said, I will also use the things I bought for other stuff, so I guess it's almost fine if I bought them :p

jazzzar

Against my defense, you don't need a mechanical keyboard or a graphics tablet to play. There's people who got to amazing levels with just a laptop keyboard and a crappy wireless mouse.

For example the current #4 player worldwide (nickname: AngeLMegumin) plays with a mouse and a mech keyboard. Another famous player who has been playing the game for a long time is also a great mouse player and he used to play with a rubberdome keyboard (the most average non-laptop keyboards) up to like a year ago, when he was in the top10 worldwide.

That said, I will also use the things I bought for other stuff, so I guess it's almost fine if I bought them :p
Haha yeah, that's the point , you'll use them for other stuff :p

A

Andy

I don't play games like I did when I was younger, but I still play a few games once and awhile. Currently I have been playing some ARMA 3. I get a guilty feeling when I play games to much nowadays, because I feel that is time I could be using GMS.

jazzzar

I don't play games like I did when I was younger, but I still play a few games once and awhile. Currently I have been playing some ARMA 3. I get a guilty feeling when I play games to much nowadays, because I feel that is time I could be using GMS.
ARMA 3 is good only with friends, getting bad teammates will just ruin your experience, and no, i never feel guilty playing games, because i have time to work on gms, time to workout and time to play games, it's good to organize your time :p

RangerX

Well, I like to think I do.
I own tons of games I am supposed to play on my WiiU, PS3, PS4, 3DS, etc. but they mostly are catching dust because I simply have less and less time for gaming.
I am trying to push a bit more on "The Life Ruby" and when I am wasted of all energy, I look at series (walking dead being my fav lately)

C

ConsolCWBY

Currently I've been playing Punch Club, Bastion, and The Human Resource Machine (my fave out of the three). I like the humor in Punch, the narrator in Bastion, and the low-level programmatic thinking involved in Machine. I don't care much for the AAAs since the late 2000s. For some reason, Call Of Duty, et al. has become rather samey.

I can recommend a bit of AAA though: Anything Dark Souls. There. I said it.

EDIT: For programmers only!

jazzzar

LEGO STAR WARS THE COMPLETE SAGA is pretty cool
Ahh, always wanted to play something lego like lego indiana jones, but never got the chance to hehe
Well, I like to think I do.
I own tons of games I am supposed to play on my WiiU, PS3, PS4, 3DS, etc. but they mostly are catching dust because I simply have less and less time for gaming.
I am trying to push a bit more on "The Life Ruby" and when I am wasted of all energy, I look at series (walking dead being my fav lately)
I'm not a console guy, i never owned a PS, but i like the exclusives for this things, like uncharted, i often organize my time, i work on my project at morning and afternoon and play games at night
Currently I've been playing Punch Club, Bastion, and The Human Resource Machine (my fave out of the three). I like the humor in Punch, the narrator in Bastion, and the low-level programmatic thinking involved in Machine. I don't care much for the AAAs since the late 2000s. For some reason, Call Of Duty, et al. has become rather samey.

I can recommend a bit of AAA though: Anything Dark Souls. There. I said it.

EDIT: For programmers only!
Oh, i'm only a fan of AAA games, i think they're masterpieces, making a 2D game took me months of work and effort, how about these AAA games, i know a company worked on them, but come on the amount of effort and detail in this things is mind blowing, the game human resource machine seems like a cool new concept

T

ThompMel

Haha... yes with friends usually. (Once or twice alone....) I am also enjoying Pokemon Go. I got caught in the hype... :oops:

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I've got a bunch of guilty pleasures, but most of them aren't big AAA thingies.
upload_2016-8-1_11-1-48.png "With enough effort, you can do anything". Disgaea's random dungeons are perfect to play while you're eating, and while the secret bosses require a lot of grinding, the other end-game stuff is pretty okay.

upload_2016-8-1_11-2-3.png "It's like a GOOD 3D Castlevania game!". DS3 has tension so thick you can cut it with a knife, and no matter how much you fail, it feels fair most of the time. I'm particularly enjoying how easy it is to just run past all enemies once you know where you're going to save backtracking time. Emphasis on "know where you're going", because blindly running around is a good way to have a dozen aggroed enemies on your tail and then find a nice dead end.

upload_2016-8-1_11-2-47.png "Like Paper Mario but written by Stephen King". DD has a really engrossing battle system where you need to figure out the best use for every single turn and constantly balance risks and rewards, and it's also very easy to mod, which means there's a bunch of cool unofficial classes and stuff to plug into the game once you stop enjoying the core gameplay.

As you can see, I'm a bit of an RPG junkie... or maybe it just takes more time to play an RPG to the point where it's not fun anymore. You can also see it's almost a month since I played one of my favourite games... I play in bursts, and it can be some pretty huge gaps in between my sessions because I get too caught up in making games or just don't feel like it.

M

MishMash

I've personally ruined games for myself D:! After intense dev, I have kind of hit a bit of a wall of being either too nitpicky about other people's creations, or just not having the patience for certain things anymore. Which is a huge problem as it means that I get a feeling of "Will people even enjoy my game D:?", which isn't great when you are trying to build something that you hope other people will enjoy :p

Though that ^ applies mostly to single player/story driven games. I go through phases of playing games that I can pick up for a bit, Overwatch is my new Love :D! Before that, I was into CSGO and Age Of Empires.

When I have a bit of down time and am not excruciatingly busy, I enjoy playing simulation/sandbox games like RollerCoaster tycoon, sim city, Used to play alot of Minecraft as well :) I also love a good bit of CoD: Zombies :p

woodsmoke

I love simulation and racing games.
Currently playing "VRC Pro" and "Cranks and Goggles".
I used to play alot of "Mechwarrior: Living Legends" and "Multi Theft Auto"

jazzzar

I love simulation and racing games.
Currently playing "VRC Pro" and "Cranks and Goggles".
I used to play alot of "Mechwarrior: Living Legends" and "Multi Theft Auto"
Ah i don't like simulation games :p it's cool how people prefer different things :p

jazzzar

I've got a bunch of guilty pleasures, but most of them aren't big AAA thingies.
View attachment 1734 "With enough effort, you can do anything". Disgaea's random dungeons are perfect to play while you're eating, and while the secret bosses require a lot of grinding, the other end-game stuff is pretty okay.

View attachment 1735 "It's like a GOOD 3D Castlevania game!". DS3 has tension so thick you can cut it with a knife, and no matter how much you fail, it feels fair most of the time. I'm particularly enjoying how easy it is to just run past all enemies once you know where you're going to save backtracking time. Emphasis on "know where you're going", because blindly running around is a good way to have a dozen aggroed enemies on your tail and then find a nice dead end.

View attachment 1736 "Like Paper Mario but written by Stephen King". DD has a really engrossing battle system where you need to figure out the best use for every single turn and constantly balance risks and rewards, and it's also very easy to mod, which means there's a bunch of cool unofficial classes and stuff to plug into the game once you stop enjoying the core gameplay.

As you can see, I'm a bit of an RPG junkie... or maybe it just takes more time to play an RPG to the point where it's not fun anymore. You can also see it's almost a month since I played one of my favourite games... I play in bursts, and it can be some pretty huge gaps in between my sessions because I get too caught up in making games or just don't feel like it.
Ahah yep yal and DS3, i never played an RPG game, i like first person games the most, i like everythings with weapons and stuff, i'm a CS : GO addict which is sad, it takes alot of time from making my game :p, i don't know it's like drugs, i'm just like you, i play in bursts, but CS GO is an exception, i have 200+ hours on record on steam(dang it)
I've personally ruined games for myself D:! After intense dev, I have kind of hit a bit of a wall of being either too nitpicky about other people's creations, or just not having the patience for certain things anymore. Which is a huge problem as it means that I get a feeling of "Will people even enjoy my game D:?", which isn't great when you are trying to build something that you hope other people will enjoy :p

Though that ^ applies mostly to single player/story driven games. I go through phases of playing games that I can pick up for a bit, Overwatch is my new Love :D! Before that, I was into CSGO and Age Of Empires.

When I have a bit of down time and am not excruciatingly busy, I enjoy playing simulation/sandbox games like RollerCoaster tycoon, sim city, Used to play alot of Minecraft as well :) I also love a good bit of CoD: Zombies :p
Ahh, it's not cool how you feel about games :p, the best thing you played is CS GO , minecraft and COD, but that's just preference, never got into this sims thingy, played it a little long time ago and didn't like it, simulation isn't my thing, overwatch seems absolutely amazing, i like mobas and first person shooters, and this combines both, but i'm not feeling to pay 60$ for it now, got more stuff ( game making related) to care about :p

Nux

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I play a bunch of genres on different platforms, usually nintendo and steam games though! :3c
I really liked borderlands 2, Hotline miami, Terraria, [countless others], and i'm currently playing a lot of Starbound since it's 1.0 release

I do not play games as often as I used to but...

-World of Warcraft
-Grand Theft Auto V
-A plethora of SNES, Genesis, N64 games

Cannot go wrong with classics.

jazzzar

I play a bunch of genres on different platforms, usually nintendo and steam games though! :3c
I really liked borderlands 2, Hotline miami, Terraria, [countless others], and i'm currently playing a lot of Starbound since it's 1.0 release
nice choice of games :)
I do not play games as often as I used to but...

-World of Warcraft
-Grand Theft Auto V
-A plethora of SNES, Genesis, N64 games

Cannot go wrong with classics.
yay, i have gta 5 too, i hate classic except CS
lol