• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Rocket Lander: A Pointless Adventure

T

The Shatner

Hey you guys!
I've finally published my first game at the Play Store!
It's a puzzle/cave flyer hybrid with retro graphics, catchy soundtrack and a healthy amount of nostalgia called Rocket Lander APA (short for Rocket Lander: A Pointless Adventure), and I would love to have you guys trying it out! It wouldn't have happened without this awesome community!

The game also has Google Play Games integration, so online leaderboards and achievements are there to flavor the experience some more.

Give it a try! It's awesome, I promise!;)

Here goes the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindnaut.RLanderAPA

Some screenshots:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Shatner

Thanks for your reply, marius!
A PC version was considered, but scrapped due to the nature of the game's controls.

K12gamer

I agree with Marius...maybe a sequel could be made for the PC...
I don't have any tablet devices...and would like to play the game.

W

warbo

HAHA! i like it! I got to level 7 before i almost checked the phone!

T

The Shatner

Thank you guys for your opinions, I will definitely consider making a port in the future if time and resources allow it.
warbo, thank you very much for playing it! Have you tried beating the top times? Those guys over there are making great times, and there are levels not even I could beat their records... Give it a try!
Besides, an update is on the works, and I plan to add some new levels and enemies/obstacles.

W

warbo

Thank you guys for your opinions, I will definitely consider making a port in the future if time and resources allow it.
warbo, thank you very much for playing it! Have you tried beating the top times? Those guys over there are making great times, and there are levels not even I could beat their records... Give it a try!
Besides, an update is on the works, and I plan to add some new levels and enemies/obstacles.
I am currently on level 16 and the whole gravity thing is wrecking me right now!

T

The Shatner

Hey warbo! Level 16 is, indeed, one of the hardest ones... It took me some time to beat it as well!
I'm really glad that you've liked the game! Please consider telling others about Rocket Lander APA - if you use Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/RocketLanderAPA is a good way to help me spread the word!

S

Stillsilver

Cool game! Small suggestion. The game doesn'tt take up all of my screen so the very edges of my screen can't be used to control the rocket. Don't know if that's fixable or not but otherwise great job!

T

The Shatner

Hey Stillsilver! Thanks for your feedback!
Here's the thing... On some (apparently >80%) of the cellphones, the upper part (and sometimes the lower part too) of the screen has little sensitivity, making it nearly impossible to play if you use only the edges of the screen. Even some higher-end cellphones seem to present this issue. I am not sure why this happens (to decrease production cost for the cellphone manufacturer, perhaps?), so the best solution is to touch the screen slightly more towards the center. Throughout my tests with tablet devices, this problem did not occur, however.
Every cellphone has its own "best-sensitivity area", so you should test your phone and see how far from the edges its "best touch area" is located.
If what I've said is not what you are experiencing, please give me additional detail through PM and I will try to find a fix for that.
Anyway, thanks a lot for playing! And if you liked it, please spread the word!

EDIT: I've forgotten to point out that the game was updated - 10 more levels to challenge even the most skillful players!

G

gn.fur

Pretty bad game. Graphics somewhere are neonisn, somewhere — pixelart, somewhere — regular sprites. Stars for some reason are above the ship.
Gameplay is boring and hard, but not challenging at all. In brings nothing new to genre.
During gameplay there is no music.
And I don't see why it can't be ported to PC. It'll take 5 minutes — just make controls on left/right arrow instead of touchscreen.

And I hope, level isn't just a big sprite with precise mask?

Also, you put wrong tags. Game isn't retro and isn't nostalgic at all.

T

The Shatner

gn.fur, thanks for your feedback.
I am sorry that you didn't enjoy the game mechanics and art style. Unfortunately, it is not possible to please everyone.