• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Audio won't play in the game.

E

Endzerhi

I've been using Gamemaker 1.4 for a while now but I've run into an issue that I haven't encountered in any of my other projects. I'm using wav files for sounds within the game but they don't play at all anymore when I run the game. In the code I'm using "audio_play_sound()" and the new audio engine. Also I know that the code is in fact running as it should as everything else occurring in the same block still takes place. The sounds used to play fine for a a while until I added some more sounds. The new sounds didn't play at all but the old ones did. I looked around the forums for some answers and tried a few things already such as clearing all the caches (File>Preferences>General) and even deleting all the sounds and re-adding them. I even used the file checker tool and let it do its repairs as suggested on another post. After all that I only managed to lose the rest of the sounds that were working at one point. Now none of the sounds play in-game regardless of the fact that they can still play in GM studio and from the file explorer. I've noticed that when compiling it says the following for each sound:

Converting snd_shoot1 to Wav 16bit mono @ 44100Hz
Converting snd_shoot2 to Wav 16bit mono @ 44100Hz
ffmpeg (C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\ffmpeg.exe) failed for -y -i "C:\Users\user1\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\Mechgame.gmx\sound\audio\snd_shoot1.wav" -ac 1 -ar 44100 -acodec pcm_s16le "C:\Users\user1\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\Mechgame\Default\Audio\snd_shoot1.wav", The specified executable is not a valid Win32 application.
ffmpeg (C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\ffmpeg.exe) failed for -y -i "C:\Users\user1\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\Mechgame.gmx\sound\audio\snd_shoot2.wav" -ac 1 -ar 44100 -acodec pcm_s16le "C:\Users\user1\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\Mechgame\Default\Audio\snd_shoot2.wav", The specified executable is not a valid Win32 application.
Audio file not found in cache!
Audio file not found in cache!

Any help or suggestions as to what I can do to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

alexde5th

Have you attempted to use a different type of file format for the sounds? Like .ogg?
I'm guessing when you say "Even deleting all the sounds and re-adding them didn't work", you only deleted them in GM: Studio? So try this: Delete the sounds in GM: Studio, shutdown GM: Studio, move the .wav files out of the audio folder and delete the .sound.gmx files. Load the project and try importing them normally.
Those are the two suggestions I can offer.

E

Endzerhi

Have you attempted to use a different type of file format for the sounds? Like .ogg?
I'm guessing when you say "Even deleting all the sounds and re-adding them didn't work", you only deleted them in GM: Studio? So try this: Delete the sounds in GM: Studio, shutdown GM: Studio, move the .wav files out of the audio folder and delete the .sound.gmx files. Load the project and try importing them normally.
Those are the two suggestions I can offer.
Thanks for the suggestion but still didn't work. I switched to OGG vorbis but they still didn't play, but this time the compiler says "could not find audio file for sound."