• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Released Let Them Come

K

Klemen

Hi everyone, my first independent game Let Them Come launched on Steam and Xbox on October 3rd. Coming to PS4, iOS and Android in the coming weeks.

Let Them Come is fast-paced pixel art shoot ‘em up that makes heavy use of shaders to achieve exciting lighting effects. Game Maker has been a perfect fit for the game and I don't think I would have been able to reach so many different platforms without it!

I've been sharing some quick technical breakdowns on twitter, please let me know if you're interested in any other areas:

There is currently a giveaway going on from 10/11/2017 to 10/19/2017 for 10 free steam keys to reward the GameMaker Community.

Giveaway Information:
http://gamemakerblog.com/2017/10/11...ommunity-with-chances-to-win-free-steam-keys/

Klemen Lozar - Developer
Publisher - VersusEvil
Steam Store Page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/505630/Let_Them_Come/

Thanks,
Klemen

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I'm pretty sure this is one of the best looking games I have ever seen made with game maker, especially that first animation in the OP.

Looks great! Good work!

I don't have access to twitter at the moment. Did you make the normal maps yourself, or use a tool like Sprite Lamp etc?

Reminds me of Starcraft 2. A Nydus worm breaking through the side of the ship spilling out endless waves of Zerglings and Hydralisks.

Z

zendraw

why didnt you just go 3d if you focus so much on the graphics. 'pixel art' with alot of detail is just ugly.

K

Klemen

@IndianaBones thanks! Most of the content was authored in a 3D package which allowed me to render it low res and unfiltered to get a first pass done, main benefits here were faster workflow for animation and the ability to render accurate normal and uv information. A lot of tweaking by hand was required to arrive to the art style I was after. A lot of the effects, like blood were made entirely by hand.

@Cloaked Games haha, totally!

@blacklemon well, to each their own :)

Here's another quick breakdown I made showing how I approached performance to make sure the game runs on a wide range of hardware, including mobile devices:

C

Chatterb0x

Trying to find words articulating how awestruck I am. I'll just have to let them come.

M

milch

i'm very impressed o___o amazing effects!!
with how many peopel did you work on this?

Last edited by a moderator: