• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - Account "Free accounts cannot buy Marketplace Assets"

S

Steve Gal

So what happened here?
I brought GMS1.4 back when it cost money, and I recall buying another module too.
I used the Marketplace a few times and my history is still there, but I can no longer buy anything because I'm a free user now?

Look I will buy GMS2 but I am at the tail end of my second commercial game so I will not switch to GMS2 this late....

So is there any way to protest this? I find this really frustrating...

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Check if you are logged to the right account via account.yoyogames.com. If you do have a paid license on account that you are logged in, it should not show that.

S

Steve Gal

It is the right account, it is linked to my Steam, and it does list the license I use. Plus as I said I can see my buy history on the marketplace in that account. That's why I was really confused.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
It is the right account, it is linked to my Steam, and it does list the license I use. Plus as I said I can see my buy history on the marketplace in that account. That's why I was really confused.
Could try unlinking-relinking the Steam account and contacting helpdesk (link) if that doesn't work.