• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Music in emitter sounds very low

Carloskhard

Hi,
I'm programming a sun that emmits a bass sound to look better.The audio in the preview sounds loud and nice,but in the game the volume is super low.What can be happening? I've make sure that the problem has nothing to do with falloff already and I've tested different sounds and all of them sounds a lot lower when put in the emmiter.

I've also tryed "audio_emitter_gain" but seems like does nothing (Only when at 0 the sounds stop playing) and using "audio_play_sound" with "audio_sound_gain" but nothing...

How can I make sounds play louder and why this happens??
Thanks

J

Jaqueta

There's a few reasons of why this might be happening.
1 - You didn't set up the listener properly.
2 - The falloff distance of the emitter is too low
3 - Both

You shouldn't use emitters to play music, except if you want to make it sound like it's coming from a Radio or something like that.
Otherwise, just use the "audio_play_sound" function.
You can store it's value into a var if you need to stop the song, change it's volume, pitch or something like that,

Carloskhard

There's a few reasons of why this might be happening.
1 - You didn't set up the listener properly.
2 - The falloff distance of the emitter is too low
3 - Both

You shouldn't use emitters to play music, except if you want to make it sound like it's coming from a Radio or something like that.
Otherwise, just use the "audio_play_sound" function.
You can store it's value into a var if you need to stop the song, change it's volume, pitch or something like that,
Thanks for the quick reply.
The falloff distance is not a problem as I said.I even removed it and still the same.
What may be the problem with the listener? I set it as this: audio_listener_orientation(0,1,0,0,0,1);
and the emitter: audio_emitter_position(s_emit, x, y, 0);

I use an emitter since the sound come from a "sun" which you can get close or far from and I want the sound only to sound near the sun.If I use "play sound" I got the same problem,but the sounds itself sounds pretty loud in preview.

Last edited:

Carloskhard

Okay,so now I've found out that the problem was with the sound of the Sun.Seems like it is too much of bass and it is working nice on the PC now but in the phone it sounds very low(expet if I use another sound then it sounds nice).So that may be the problem. I will experiment how to use a bass sound and get it to work on the phone and let you know here when I get it.