• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - General Official Google Play services extension needs a serious update!

jazzzar

Ok, so it came to that point where I finally need to implement ads in my game, I'm using admob network and therefor I need to have Google Play Services extension, and the type of game I'm making, it needs rewarded video ads, and to my surprise, even after a year of not seeing game maker due to being busy, this extension is still not updated, Admob implemented rewarded video ads and YoYo Games doesn't even care!
I do NOT want to use other networks I'm good with Admob and being able to use different networks doesn't hide the fact that yoyogames should really care more about it's customers!
YES I know there is extensions made by users for these purposes and they do not actually cost a fortune but why do I need to buy something that should be a basic feature in a multi-platform engine like game maker, we already paid a lot for the engine itself! This really needs urgent update, it's so frustrating for me and for a lot of users I'm sure!

H

HW.

+20 (all my fingers vote together for this) :p

I couldn't agree more!!

I used GMS1 Android/iOS module and now go on using GMS2 Mobile.

Yes, The Official YoYoGames' Google Play Services extension version 2.9.0 still just works on both GMS1.4/2.1..............
.........but......... it doesn't include the latest feature (Admob Rewarded Ads) and the latest SDK for bug fixes and any other improvements from Google.

I am looking forward to use the OFFICIAL YYG's extension Google Play Services with the latest SDK (Admob Rewarded Ads).

I believe that ALL GMS2 Mobile customers really need and are as well waiting for the official extension being updated by YYG.

Thanks for the unofficial alternatives on marketplace, but i DON'T want to use the unofficial ones. We need the Official extension one from YoyoGames to be Updated as it is a very essential and critical point that must be built-in on Mobile(Android/iOS) module imho. At least it should be updated more frequently if it is still separate as an important extension that should be always up-to-date with the latest major released features from the Google Play Services.

Even.... I prefer it moreeee than any other features on the list of roadmap now.

With the perspective of the primary need of a Mobile module user, I can say this is THE ONE for now on the Top ranking of MY desired list for the next GMS 2 roadmap update.

And Yes, We are still waiting for it to be Updated by YYG.....:);):(:confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O (GMS1.4 Android/iOS and GMS2 Mobile customers).

Thank you in advance for all the awesomeness of the great GameMaker Studio engine.

Last but not least, Thank you for great GMS 2.1 Mobile module which will be.......
*** ....More Perfecto with the YYG's Google Play Services extension ("half-soul" of it ) being Updated ***

Last edited by a moderator:

jazzzar

+20 (all my fingers vote together for this) :p

I couldn't agree more!!

I used GMS1 Android/iOS module and now go on using GMS2 Mobile.

Yes, The Official YoYoGames' Google Play Services extension version 2.9.0 still just works on both GMS1.4/2.1..............
.........but......... it doesn't include the latest feature (Admob Rewarded Ads) and the latest SDK for bug fixes and any other improvements from Google.

I am looking forward to use the OFFICIAL YYG's extension Google Play Services with the latest SDK (Admob Rewarded Ads).

I believe that ALL GMS2 Mobile customers really need and are as well waiting for the official extension being updated by YYG.

Thanks for the unofficial alternatives on marketplace, but i DON'T want to use the unofficial ones. We need the Official extension one from YoyoGames to be Updated as it is a very essential and critical point that must be built-in on Mobile(Android/iOS) module imho. At least it should be updated more frequently if it is still separate as an important extension that should be always up-to-date with the latest major released features from the Google Play Services.

Even.... I prefer it moreeee than any other features on the list of roadmap now.

With the perspective of the primary need of a Mobile module user, I can say this is THE ONE for now on the Top ranking of MY desired list for the next GMS 2 roadmap update.

And Yes, We are still waiting for it to be Updated by YYG.....:);):(:confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O (GMS1.4 Android/iOS and GMS2 Mobile customers).

Thank you in advance for all the awesomeness of the great GameMaker Studio engine.

Last but not least, Thank you for great GMS 2.1 Mobile module which will be.......
*** ....More Perfecto with the YYG's Google Play Services extension ("half-soul" of it ) being Updated ***
Well, as I said, I'm 100% sure a lot of people want that too, and yoyogames not caring about it isn't something good, I've always loved game maker for how easy it is and how fast you can prototype, used lots of engines but always came back here, but come on, they need to care about their stuff more, being up-to-date with the mobile market is a must, and as I already said too, we do have alternatives, but why do we have to pay for stuff that must be a basic thing when we do own the mobile module, it's a shame, it's like buying a half-engine and than assemble it with extensions like a puzzle, and you STILL have to PAY for that! come on YoYoGames you can do better!

T

tiny547

I added another extension along with google play extension and I was able to get reward videos working nicely. Not sure how much I paid for it but it wasn't that much.

jazzzar

I added another extension along with google play extension and I was able to get reward videos working nicely. Not sure how much I paid for it but it wasn't that much.
well I already said, even if it was 0.99$, why do we have to pay for something that should come with the engine and fully working and up-to-date!

H

HW.

In case YYG devs/moderator see this thread, please give answer about this matter.

Should all of us submit "many" support tickets to Support/Report a bug/Contact form www.yoyogames.com instead of here?

Please update your own extension YYG!

You updated it last time on December 2016 version 2.9.0. And in June 2017 there was a major update from Google for the SDK. And now this time is September 2017. And YYG still not yet update its extension?

This extension is an essential part of your GMS2 Mobile module. Many GMS2 mobile customers (owner now and those potential users that will purchase will consider this matter).

It should be up-to-date to the mobile market condition as we pay it for the module.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

They've said previously that bug reports need to be filed, not just posted here ... I guess it probably does establish a priority when they're setting internal timelines.