Windows Heartless Dream Enter the Coma

B

Blakkid489

Screenshots

Story
David is a diabetic and currently in a coma due to his high sugar levels. He knew this was
going to happen and yet he continued to eat food that wasn't good for him.
After waking up from his coma, he told the doctor his experience and what he
saw and heard.......
Controls
Left Arrow - Move Left
Right Arrow - Move Right
Space Bar - Select/Jump

Side Note:
I made this game for a friend who passed away recently. Till this day I'm still having a hard time dealing with it. This project was literally the only thing keeping my mind at ease. Now that it's basically complete, the struggle has returned. I guess you can say this is a way of "Talking" about how I feel in game form. Anyways enjoy the game. There is 3 endings to the game. The Bad end, where you basically don't care. The Fake end where you play the game normally which is MY real end to the story. At last the True end which is what actually happened where you worked hard to reach out to your (his) wife.

Please enjoy

Download Page

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DyingSilence

The game is great. I love the audiovisuals, it's trippy which fits the mood. I love how the hearts symbolize his sugar addiction and how the player is forced to collect them most of the time. Great job overally.

B

Blakkid489

The game is great. I love the audiovisuals, it's trippy which fits the mood. I love how the hearts symbolize his sugar addiction and how the player is forced to collect them most of the time. Great job overally.
Wow Thank you :) I really hoping to get the feeling across that way. I appreciate the feedback

B

Blakkid489

One last bump. Thank you all for your feedback though. . . . .this project was hard for me to finish for obvious reasons...

S

ScrabbitRabbit

I really liked this. The music selection and sound design was really good and helped to set a really melancholy mood and the artstyle is really strange, trippy but somehow still somber.

I like the way the hearts reel off lists of unhealthy food and that you're almost forced to collect them. It felt like a fairly accurate representation of an addiction to me. I don't know if that's exactly what you were going for but that's what I got from it.

I hope you're feeling okay and that being able to express yourself in game form helps a little.

B

Blakkid489

Whoa Boss. . . . . this is deep. The work is fantastic.

. . . . . I hope you're feeling okay :(
I'm okay I promise o_O

I really liked this. The music selection and sound design was really good and helped to set a really melancholy mood and the artstyle is really strange, trippy but somehow still somber.

I like the way the hearts reel off lists of unhealthy food and that you're almost forced to collect them. It felt like a fairly accurate representation of an addiction to me. I don't know if that's exactly what you were going for but that's what I got from it.

I hope you're feeling okay and that being able to express yourself in game form helps a little.
Thank you.
Everything you were experiencing is 100% intentional. You'll see stacks of hearts as well which can easily be avoided but due to the surrounding nature of the food itself, you end up getting all of it. I did it this way because I too suffer from diabetes and understand the struggles of managing your health.
I'm doing better though. I promise :) Thanks once again

A

Adhiesc

*ahem* so much hearts in a heartless dream. :D
Nice little game. :)
btw. added friend request to your gamejolt account.

B

Blakkid489

*ahem* so much hearts in a heartless dream. :D
Nice little game. :)
btw. added friend request to your gamejolt account.
lol Thank you so much. I went ahead and accepted your friend requesto_O