• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion "Check for updates" in IDE menu

gnysek

I've reported it trough helpdesk, but they asked to make a discussion about this feature first, to see that other people also like the idea.

So - generally - GMS2 checkes for updates only when you start it. When new version comes out, you need to close app, and start again, otherwise you won't be informed about new version release. If you don't turn your PC but use sleep function, you may not find for week or two that new GMS2 come out.
Also, there are cases where you know it ASAP - you're watching GameMakerUpdate or YoYoGames profiles on twitter, or on Facebook - but you still need to restart to download (or find release notes page and click link there).

So, idea is, that YYG will add a new entry under HELP menu -> "Check for updates", and if updates are available it will display same window as when IDE starts (Download now, Remind me Later, Release Notes).

Do you want this feature ?

T

tom_mai78101

Interesting that the "Check for Updates" isn't in GMS2. +1 I guess.