• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion This is gonna get us exterminated guys

andev

upload_2017-9-2_14-23-47.png

One day when google deep mind takes over the internet, it's things like this that will cause mass extermination of our species :/

beli_mawrr

Well unfortunately it seems unlikely that the computers will take over, because my pastor told us the bible says that the antichrist will destroy the world, so god would probably stop any robot uprisings

L

Law

Well unfortunately it seems unlikely that the computers will take over, because my pastor told us the bible says that the antichrist will destroy the world, so god would probably stop any robot uprisings
What if Google is the Antichrist

Z

zendraw

white lemons are the cause of such horrible ideas, the end of the world. we shuld kill them while the seed is still in the ground.

R

roytheshort

I don't know about you, but normal lemons are yellow. All other colours are inferior.

Z

zendraw

you just said normal, lemons, normal is a synonym to inferior. you are 'short' on lemon knowledge

G

Guest User

normal lemons start off green and transition to yellow as they ripen. they then turn brown and eventually blackish brown when they start rotting.

Z

zendraw

yes, black lemons follow naure`s laws, white lemons thou are unnatural and must be exterminated. atonce!

Z

zendraw

you are a false prophet! 'the devil aways appears as an angel' - shakespear

W

whitelemon

you are a false prophet! 'the devil aways appears as an angel' - shakespear
That's because the devil was once an angel. What was his crime? He loved god too much. So who's the real bad guy here? The angel full of love or the god full of wrath?

Z

zendraw

what blasphemy! the angel WAS full of love, now hes full of wrath and hatred and he projects that wrath unto god!!! but he cant battle god, so he sends his falce prophets to saduce us natural folk and condemn us to eternal damnation! you wonta hve your ways holy wannabe lemon! you wont!

W

whitelemon

what blasphemy! the angel WAS full of love, now hes full of wrath and hatred and he projects that wrath unto god!!! but he cant battle god, so he sends his falce prophets to saduce us natural folk and condemn us to eternal damnation! you wonta hve your ways holy wannabe lemon! you wont!
I already have.

Z

zendraw

its a lie, i tell thee. just another sinister approach through statement without leaving a room for doubt.

M

Misty

God made hell in the first place.

Whos the bad guy now.

Z

zendraw

God made hell in the first place.

Whos the bad guy now.
god made hell so the demons and filth can have a place to live, which is an act of love. if they lived in heaven, they wuld disintigrade from the purity and light that they cant fight against or stand. god loves all.

M

Misty

god made hell so the demons and filth can have a place to live, which is an act of love. if they lived in heaven, they wuld disintigrade from the purity and light that they cant fight against or stand. god loves all.
hmm so hell aint so bad then?

W

Wraithious

It seems that deep mind is silently watching at the moment, anyone else notice the ridiculous amount of views many thread topics are getting? I first thought it is because of the growing number of of members, but I took note on a topic I updated a couple hours ago and it had 292 views at that time, now it has over 500 views 2 hours later, and there are only a hundred or so members non members and bots, this doesn't make any sense and it's not just my topic but a majority of all topics, at least in the programming and made with gamemaker forums, deep mind? Or recent forum bug???

M

Misty

It seems that deep mind is silently watching at the moment, anyone else notice the ridiculous amount of views many thread topics are getting? I first thought it is because of the growing number of of members, but I took note on a topic I updated a couple hours ago and it had 292 views at that time, now it has over 500 views 2 hours later, and there are only a hundred or so members non members and bots, this doesn't make any sense and it's not just my topic but a majority of all topics, at least in the programming and made with gamemaker forums, deep mind? Or recent forum bug???
Well, have you asked deep mind what they are feeling about this?

W

Wraithious

wow.png
Well, have you asked deep mind what they are feeling about this?
I did, but, sadly, there was no response. just links to this topic! Deepmind is really listening!!
since the 4th post in this topic!!

W

Wraithious

You have a lot of apps on your task bar, including......... UNITY
Yep, I don't like unity at all, I tried making a game with it and it didn't go very well, for one thing I program in gml and java mainly, C sharp and C++ are not my strong points in programming at all and unity discontinued java support. + just making a room and placing objects in it is ridiculously difficult because there is no actual 'room' there, just a crazy plane of existence with a camera view somewhere out in space, I hate it haha, actually been meaning to delete unity altogether

Z

zendraw

Yep, I don't like unity at all, I tried making a game with it and it didn't go very well, for one thing I program in gml and java mainly, C sharp and C++ are not my strong points in programming at all and unity discontinued java support. + just making a room and placing objects in it is ridiculously difficult because there is no actual 'room' there, just a crazy plane of existence with a camera view somewhere out in space, I hate it haha, actually been meaning to delete unity altogether
maybe ur just a noob at it. and if some unity pro sees this he wuld laugh at it, how we laugh at gm noobs askin why is my player not animatin while in theyr code you see image_index=4;

W

Wraithious

maybe ur just a noob at it. and if some unity pro sees this he wuld laugh at it, how we laugh at gm noobs askin why is my player not animatin while in theyr code you see image_index=4;
Yes. total noob, never made a game with unity. tried once like I said and it is just too alien to me so I went back to the comforts of gamemaker haha, and they or anyone can laugh all they want it's fine, I just don't like anything about the unity engine, maybe if I actually took the time to learn it I'd get to like it but I don't have the time for that right now.

Exactly what do you think the GameMaker room is?

alright ALRIGHT i'll get back in my box
I was talking about the room editor, in gamemaker there's a defined area there when you add a background to the room, and you can drag the view box around in the left panel easily to view any part of the room. Unity starts you off in some endless plane while showing it to you at a 45 degree angle with absolutely no boundaries defined.

This was my experience trying to make a 2d game with unity, and I hope you find it humorous because looking back at it I do lol:
first 2 hours - try to figure out how to set the maximum size of the room and view it from a top down view perspective
next hour - try to figure out exactly how to add a background that lined up with my view of the room
next 3 hours - try to add an object and make it move
next 20 minutes - try to add another object and place it near the first object as apparently to me there's no way to place anything including the background at a specified x and y coordinate
next 3 hours - try to use layers to limit where my character could go, paid for and downloaded Tiled to make my life easier
Next I noticed that my game project was over 200 megabytes, what???
next - put aside unity for 2 months
next - saw this thread and @blacklemon reminded me that I still had unity on my computer
yesterday - gingerly deleted unity

hahahaha

andev

I downloaded it after this, and it's honestly crazy how much we take for granted in GM. You have to type so much more just to do the same things.

Z

zendraw

well im sure youd need a totally different approach towards unity. ive never used it. anyway, back to judgment day.

W

Wraithious

well im sure youd need a totally different approach towards unity. ive never used it. anyway, back to judgment day.
Yes! I recently watched a movie on this subject that was really cool and actually could someday happen

G

Guest User

i, too, fear the day an Agent 47 cosplayer group hijacks the U.S. Army's secret unlimited-ammo drone army and brings the apocalypse down on a bunch of unsuspecting office buildings.

:p