• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Toaster Jam: out on Steam with Workshop & Trading Cards!

SnoutUp

Hello!

As of the beginning of 2017, this thread is for both Toaster Swipe (mobile) and Toaster Jam (desktop) games, which are basically the same, just with different controls, so I just couldn't use "swipe" in a game controlled by mouse clicks.

It also has a level editor (published in Windows version, but will be available in mobile too):

To download levels hit "+" button in the level select screen, enter ID and then double click a level in the list.
Levels to try: ojkjgn, ojj6cj
Harder levels: ojl65l, ojjd27

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/590950/Toaster_Jam/
Windows: https://snoutup.itch.io/toaster-jam

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snoutup.toaster

Suggestions for powerups and obstacles which would fit this environment would be great too!

Last edited:

Roderick

Can you make it so that the hats also have a hat slot, so that I can have a toaster wearing a hat wearing a hat wearing a hat, ad infinitum?

SnoutUp

Can you make it so that the hats also have a hat slot, so that I can have a toaster wearing a hat wearing a hat wearing a hat, ad infinitum?
I wish! But this is a simple hatSprite = sprite_hat, implementation.

That being said, in Bacon May Die I made it so one character with a hat can hook to another character with a hat which is hooked to another character with a hat...

Last edited:

SnoutUp

Soon to be added: new game fail condition - a creepy wall of goo (should represent chewing gum, but... art is hard), which will chase player to add more purpose to move upwards accurately and quickly.

N

Nexusrex

Beautiful. But please, would you make a PC version? Because my phone wasn't even able to run Ninja Shurican at a good FPS. XD

SnoutUp

Beautiful. But please, would you make a PC version? Because my phone wasn't even able to run Ninja Shurican at a good FPS. XD
I will do it if I'll figure out what controls could work for mouse, since swiping on PC gets really messy (awful even for me to test). Maybe some sort of spring/catapult mechanics...

SnoutUp

Experimenting with some sort of powerups. Jump-jars and coffee breaks.

Last edited:

SnoutUp

Published windows build with level editor and changed the thread to better suit two "separate but same" version of the game.

SnoutUp

Changed game mechanics on Desktop version! Now holding mouse will slow down the movement & level and releasing the button will make toaster jump. This changes a lot, but gameplay became much more consistent and less frustrating.

SnoutUp

Enough of Greenlight business, back to working on mobile version for February release.
Creating a nicer level select UI now: