• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Character Design?

G

gamedev513

Hey guys,
Just finished two concept designs for a potential character and wanted a second option on what design looks better: a) "Dink" in the onesie or b) "Dink" in normal clothes? Lol see attached image. All advice and feedback welcome...

Sprite-0001.png

View attachment 12033

Last edited by a moderator:
The context of the game this character may appear in may help in picking which is better. They are both great, though - if the game is somewhat childlike of a setting, the left one is the one I'd likely go with.

G

gamedev513

The context of the game this character may appear in may help in picking which is better. They are both great, though - if the game is somewhat childlike of a setting, the left one is the one I'd likely go with.
I agree. The context of the game along the lines of stupid comedy and adventure. Kinda like adventure time meets Rick and Morty lol

G

Guest User

imo, the right-hand one just looks like a Generic Male Character and has nothing else to it. so the left-hand one is far better.

with this in mind, i wouldn't like having no hoodie outside of battle because then i only look cool when im fighting. :\ idk, just seems kind of lame.

T

TheOakNuggins

Looks good, even if you decide to use the right one, it would be cool/funny having to put on the hood to fool someone into thinking you were that creature (I think it's a snake/monster/dinosaur?)

The first one would be better for color design as its mostly blue, that's probably why a lot of people surround their pixel art with white lines. They both still look good.