• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Make a specific text fade without using an extra object

S

Syorx

So the string "Level up!" appears when the player levels up. I want it to slowly fade after. Since I am still on trial version (I definitively will get the desktop version later) i would like to do so without using an extra object (it would resolve this problem easily). I am currently using a controller object to print out text using draw_text. I have trouble setting the alpha to SLOWLY go down.

EDIT: another question: if I set the draw_set_alpha to 0 will all the strings drawn by my controller object turn invisible?

D

David Berkompas

Can't you decrease the step on alpha, maybe use -= 0.01 or even more? (??less?)

S

Syorx

I was going to say that i couldn't since it has to be when the level up happens detected by a if OldLevel != level and that OldLevel = level on a 5 step alarm but i could just set the alarm to be longer. Let me try again