• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows YYC Package as Zip - no included DLL?

KMVegas

Hey all. So I'm new to building with Studio 2.0. When I compile with for Windows with YYC and choose package as zip, the zip contains nothing but the exe. My project has no sound/music files yet, which I'm assuming is why there's no data file. However, there's no DX DLL and no ini... I'm wondering, if I were to package a game like this, would I need to manually include files and, if so, what files would those be? Thanks for your help!

KMVegas

I have checked the manual and also googled this, but could only find info on studio 1.x which wasn't helpful. If I've missed something, feel free to call me out on it.

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
Perhaps this is something new in gms2. Also considering it now uses a newer version of directx, it might be made differently.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
No, DirectX 10 and up is part of the OS now, so everyone has it and it's upgraded with windows updates. You no longer need to ship DX DLLs with it.
Any included file will be ....well.... included.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
I think technically...Vista and up. We dropped DX9 which was XP and up. Vista can do DX11 - although its a separate download I think.
DX11 is definitely there already on Win7 and up.

KMVegas

I think technically...Vista and up. We dropped DX9 which was XP and up. Vista can do DX11 - although its a separate download I think.
DX11 is definitely there already on Win7 and up.
Awesome, that should cover all I need to know! Thanks Mike :D